My $2 Perspective mount

Because I am like most of us, you can't wait! So I made this with a 1" PVC Tee and 90* elbow. Drilled two holes, one for forward position and one for Perspective position. Put a hitch pin through the hole to hold it in position. I have used it twice, both times throwing cast net in 10'-15' of water. But both times was for a very few minutes, only because I am so used to forward that I reverted back for self assurance. I will say that I could see shad and larger fish but all near the surface. I think the first time I did not have the angle great enough on Perspective to see bottom, I would see the cast net when it was just below surface but then it would be gone BUT I am only throwing 10-15 feet in front of the boat. Second time I increased the angle but still could not see bottom at those distances. I need to not fish or not catch bait and just play. I love forward for finding and catching bait..it is awsome. If it works till I get the real thing, it's $2 well spent.
    Forward.jpgPerspective 2.jpgPerspective.jpg

2. Member
    Almost The same as mine, that I have shared with a few folks via messages.

You don’t need the 90* elbow, to be even simpler. 3 axles are enough, but you have 4.

3. Member
    pretty cool

4. Member
    Buy a stainless bike break cable and make it rotatable sideways (for Perspective view).

5. Member
    I have to look into that...I have a small 12 volt electric motor that runs either direction, would like to figure out how to make that work for steering too. Keeps my mind working..