Downscan very lacking

Anyone noticed this with carbons and AI transducers? Hard to see structure unless you crank the contrast way up. Even with the newest update its still lacking. I havent had much on the water time with the latest update but it seems like contrast is still alot higher than before. Any tips on how to improve the downscan? I am running 2 carbon 7s with a 3n1 transducer and a tm150 on front and a 2n1 with hst wsbl on the rear.

Thanks

Steve

2. Member
    after a little more time on the water with this setup. the downscan sucks. lacks detail for structure. i can see fish in the water column but on bottom structure is crap. i been running the contrast in the high 80s or low 90s to see any structure on the bottom and even then is blown out. im out of ideas other than putting the gen2 setup back on and selling the carbons and AI transducers.

3. Member
    What update version is installed? I noticed the 19 version lacked in contrast but 20 seems to be much better. I don't have AI though, only lss2 and hdi
    1998 Tr-21, 2001 Yamaha 225 OX66

4. Member
    its 20. i am thinking about going back to the lss2 and see what it looks like.

5. Member
    I put a 2-in-1 on my 9" carbons last year before 19.x and 20.x. Removed it after one trip. Still have if anyone is looking for a deal....