Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BBC SPONSOR

Cool I finally got to bring it home today.

2. Member
    Congrats. The numbers will be good to know after breaking in.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    I will definitely post some numbers after break in.

4. Member
    on Lake Hartwell in Westminster, SC 29693
    sick

enjoy!

5. Member
    Nice what color is that darker gray

6. Member
    sharp!! needs blue merc decal package next!!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

7. Member
    Very Nice!
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

8. Member
    Great looking rig! Post the numbers when you get it broke in.

9. Member
    Nice,enjoy!!

10. Member
    Beautiful boat, love the colors!

11. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Boat4Life View Post
    Beautiful boat, love the colors!
    Thank you. So far I love it.

12. Member
    what speeds are you seeing so far?
    Last edited by mactlman; 04-06-2020 at 04:40 PM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

13. Member
    Nice color package! You've had it a little while now, Likes/dislikes? Speed?

Very nice!!

15. BBC SPONSOR
    I have 7.3hrs on the motor. So far the best I've seen is 74 with 2 people and a full tank of gas going with a slight current. I am loaded with all my tackle and gear. (Half of tackle warehouse) I ran it today for a short burst alone and touched 77.0 with 70% fuel. I couldn't stay in it to long bc there was an occasional small floater here and there. I may have got a little more I'm not sure. The prop I ran with these speeds was with my worked 25 tempest plus I occasionally ran on my old 20trx. Running with my partner I was turning 5900 to 5950. I was not able to see what I was turning when I was alone today. I'm guessing 6000ish.

I haven't been able to test the 25 fury that came on it really. My motor is bolted up to high. I have to run the motor buried on my jack plate, and if I bump it up the slightest I loose speed.. The tempest I ran today I could run the jack plate up about 1.25" above my lowest setting and gain speed.

Also have to remember I run 3 Battle Born 100ah lithiums for my troller and a group 31 AGM for my cranking battery. I also had my poles removed.

Supper quick.. ( I've never been in a boat like this before)
    Sits flat in the water while fishing
    Feels like I'm driving a smaller boat than what I am.
    Very stable. (Pleasantly surprised a little)
    Livewells
    Push button controls
    Towing the boat on the trailer

Dislikes

Sits really high on the trailer
    Motor needs lowered a bolt hole or 2
    Wish it had water pressure on my gauge
    It's to pretty, and I'm afraid to scratch it. Lol

It should also be noted that the 20cx does chine walk. It's not as bad as my old tr19, but does chine more than my 20 trx. I'm perfectly ok with it. Once I learned to drive my old tr19 I feel I could drive almost anything. I'm anxious to get more seat time and play with more props. The dealership is going to drop my motor a hole or two at a later date. I have a worked 26 Tempest plus to try on it and curious to see how that runs. It maybe to much prop, but I wont know till I try it. I'm also still in break in period. Today I just hit some short bursts of wide open a couple min. Once I get past the 10 hr mark I should be able to give better speeds and such. Over all I couldn't be happier with the boat. I love it!!
    Last edited by Buck456; 04-06-2020 at 10:40 PM.

16. Member
    I've always had a water pressure gauge on my other Mercury engines too, but this is my first Mercury 4 Stroke. According to European Marine they are shipped that way and it's up to the dealer to install them. My Dealer sells Triton's, Ranger's, Vexus and Caymas boats and when they checked the Mercury 4 Stroke engines on those boats they were the same way. They notified the CAYMAS Representative and once they were made aware CAYMAS was going to start installing them on all their Mercury engines.
    CAYMAS1

17. Member
    Great review. Glad you like it. Im having caymas install the water pressure sensor on my motor. Seems Caymas is now installing. After the plant gets back at it.

18. Member
    I have the 5 inch gauge with the RPM in the large display and 2 small LCD screens at the bottom of the big screen with buttons that are Selectable and you can only select 2 things at one time including all the things you mentioned above . It took them less than 15 minutes to pull the cowl and remove the plug and install the pressure sensor and plug in the existing wire that was already there. After that it took about 10 minutes to program the 5 inch gauge and then the PSI appeared. I suspect that your PSI is there but you won't see it until they install the pressure sensor and hook up the cable to get the signal to your display.
    CAYMAS1

19. Member
    Other than sits high in the water everything else on your dislike list is easily remedied, I'd say you're golden. I know what you mean on scratching it, you know it's eventually gonna happen, sometimes it's best to just get it over with (a tiny little scratch of course)

20. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by chatabass View Post
    Other than sits high in the water everything else on your dislike list is easily remedied, I'd say you're golden. I know what you mean on scratching it, you know it's eventually gonna happen, sometimes it's best to just get it over with (a tiny little scratch of course)
    I dont feel it sits high in the water at all. It just sits high on the trailer when on land. I'm not a 100% sure who makes the trailer, but I can tell you for a fact it tows far better than any boat I've ever owned. It's just higher than I'm used to especially in the back while sitting on the trailer.

Loading the boat on the trailer is also different. I have to have the trailer deeper. Once I figured that out i have no issues loading it. To say I love this boat so far is an understatement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast