Thread: 2000 Ficht 175

2000 Ficht 175

Tofay while moving from one spot on the lake to another while on plane at around 40 mph, my motor started to bog down then died. There were no alarms, the pee stream was good, but it wouldn't start again. After multiple attempts it finally started but was running like crap. I idled maybe 200 yards before it died again. My brother who was also on the lake came and towed me back to the ramp. After getting the boats out of the water we took the cowling off and the air intake off. The bottom cylinder on the starboard side had oil in it as well as pooling oil in the bottom of the starboard side of the air intake. It was still the bluish color which tells me that it was unburned oil. Any ideas what caused this?

I bet she blew. Do a compression test and if she blew sell it for parts or trade it in on a replacement motor. They are not worth rebuilding.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    I bet she blew. Do a compression test and if she blew sell it for parts or trade it in on a replacement motor. They are not worth rebuilding.
    I haven't had a chance to do a compression test yet since my boat is kept at my parent's house and for my mother's safety, I'm trying to limit my physical contact with her since I'm "essential" and working in this mess that many people aren't taking seriously. I did talk to a local mechanic and he said the same thing though so my hopes aren't very high.

4. Member
    If you turn on the key switch does the fuel pump run and shut off ! I had similar issues with my 99 150, always oil in the breather, and I had soot on the transom all the time ! I had the system checked at the dealer, and they said the emm was toast ! Sent it to CDI they fixed it ! I went out on the lake, and it ran like never before, for a day and 1/2 ! Went 2nd day ran great until I went to full throttle, then it started running like crap died, waited a bit started again, and then again, idled for a little bit, then had to use trolling motor to get back in ! Got to dock, it started right up, but then die again ! Then nothing ! Sent the emm back down to CDI (warranty) ! I called about a week later The main communication chip had burnt up ! Got it back and all I can say is wow ! Purrs like a kitten, no plug fowling, no soot on the transom, no hesitation ! I'll also tell you I would have gotten to point with this wiyhout Champioman, and DanRude helping sort some of it out for me !!!!!!

5. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    You can always count on Champ and Danrude and SeaHorse when he chimes in !!