Passenger console removal

How do I get the console out? 2004 Pantera IV
    I see three bolts and took them loose but it still seems real solid. Is there adhesive on port side? Really want it out but I’m im scared to pry too much. Anyone took one out?

2. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    There is a type of sealant between the console and the side of the boat. There are also probably 3-4 bolts holding it to the side as well as 3-4 holding I to the casting deck. Is there a plastic plate on the side of your boat near the gunnel? if so, that is an access to get to the side bolts on the console.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

3. Member
    Thanks I didn’t see any side bolts but I’ll take access plate off and check

In for how you end up getting it out and how much of a PIA it is. I know there are times I would like mine out, but sure it's worth messing with...so I have not attempted.

5. Member
    sledgehammer or chainsaw will get the job done

6. Member

USA

I have take out 3 passage consoles in 2 cougars and one puma. All were installed the same. 3 bolts in the side and 3 in the rod locker. What worked best for me was to use wood or plastic shims to break the bon of the adhesive BCB uses. It’s strong. The shims were wedge shaped and I would push 2 or 3 of them into the adhesive joint and let it sit a bit the posh or hammer in just a bit more. It doesn’t take long and it will pop loose. The big key is to take your time, go slow. I recommend having another person just in case you need them to hold so it doesn’t drop. If doing alone just put something under so it can’t drop. The toughest part is getting the adhesive off the boat. I removed them on year old boats and there was no gel coat delamination or anything like that. I covered the holes and enjoyed the extra room. Go over to BCB owners page and do a search, removal is in there many times. Good luck

TonkaCat has advised you the way we suggest removing these consoles. The adhesive is extremely tight and pliable, so it’s basically tearing it loose and thus slow is the only safe way as he mentioned.

8. Member
    Got it out easily once I found the hidden bolts under the carpet in the console and rodbox. Shook it a little up and down and the adhesive came loose easily. Wont have another dual console after fishing with it out. I covered holes with some Gatorskinz

9. Member
    I took mine out too what a difference . Instead of trying to hide the holes I just blinged them out with anodized red trim washers that match the trim rings on my gauges .

p2_console.JPG

10. Member
    What size trim washers?

11. Member
    The ID is for 1/4" flat head screw / the outside diminsion is 3/4" from "Hillco fasteners " seems to me the flathead screws I found were metric silver anodized aluminum but I cant recall the size .