Thread: Mercmonitor

Mercmonitor

I purchased a Mercmonitor from European Marine and wanting to install today! I have a couple questions! It came with a external power harness, do I need to hook it up? I will be connecting it to my NMEA 2000 network! If I don’t install the harness, do I need to take that fuse out? If I do install it, do I need unhook whatever is powering the network currently? (I believe it’s powered through my lowrance)!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 Camo Xpress H18 with 2021 Mercury 150 Pro XS 4S Serial # 3B021969

You do not need to hook it up since you are already powering the NMEA2000 network. All you have to do is add and the Mercmonitor dropline to a new T and go fishing!

You can install the power harness but first remove the fuse and put in a pocket somewhere. You do not want two power operational nodes. If the power node of your current NMEA2000 network ever goes bad, you will have a backup. That is a pretty unlikely event though.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the REQUIRED Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

I would recommend installing the external power harness, and connect the GROUND wire to a good ground. This acts as a redundant ground in the unit. Since you have a powered network, the RED (power) wire would be optional.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor