Pohick Park closed

Yes pohick ramp closed.
    So why are ramps closed?
    What would it hurt ?
    Last week only 4 trucks at the parking lot. No large groups of people. I wouldn't have to interact with anyone.
    Park is open. Why just close the ramps ?
    I could see if the whole Park was closed.
    I'm sure national airport, gravley point ramp closed.
    No fishing any time soon.
    People need to have the opportunity to relax and have some reason to live.
    So I can't work. Self employed and all jobs have postponed or cancelled till further notice.
    I can't fish. Ramps closed and I'm not driving south. I just can't afford it.
    Im conserving tp.
    Only 2 roles left and none within 10 Miles.
    That said if anyone needs anything locally and I can help. Shoot me a message and I'll help.
    I'm not looking to make a buck just help my neighbors.
    can
    Od935509

2. Member
    Leesylvania is open and it's not that much further south, if your worried about traffic no one is on the roads, I left Leesylvania on Thursday at 6:15 pm and headed home to Fredericksburg on I-95 without any traffic.

3. Member
    Gravley point may be open
    National parks haven't closed.

4. Member
    We should start a petition. We should be able to launch boats easily with 6' of separation. They can close the parks for tournaments (frankly, the river desperately needs that) and to gatherings, but individual launches makes no sense. And trust me, I 'm very worried about the spread of the virus. But why wouldn't I quarantine myself on the potomac?

5. Member
    I sent Fairfax Supervisors a note. Response was essentially boat ramp is a consession, and all consessions are closed. I have a season pass, and the extra $ in the box from those who pay daily won't hurt the park. I guess if no one can drive down to the ramp once a day to open the box we are all out of luck. I can gather up my 50 friends on the field but can't social distance on the river. No common sense is my thought.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RonCat View Post
    I sent Fairfax Supervisors a note. Response was essentially boat ramp is a consession, and all consessions are closed. I have a season pass, and the extra $ in the box from those who pay daily won't hurt the park. I guess if no one can drive down to the ramp once a day to open the box we are all out of luck. I can gather up my 50 friends on the field but can't social distance on the river. No common sense is my thought.
    Pohick and Occoquan are not owned by Fairfax County, but the Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority.

Leesylvania is still open.

7. Member
    Is leesylvania still open ??
    Heard VA closed all Parks today
    can
    Od935509

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pgs View Post
    Is leesylvania still open ??
    Heard VA closed all Parks today
    I just got home from Leesylvania, it was open today, I launched today at noon.

9. Member
    Leesylvania open for day use activities:

https://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-parks/leesylvania

10. Member
    Thanks
    can
    Od935509