Thread: Stay at home

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HOGIE View Post
    Kev, you guys still pulling and shipping?
    You betcha!! Only change was moving up our start time to 6:30 to eliminate shift overlap. It's a special feeling being "essential" ya know!

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rips LEGEND View Post
    I agree Hooksetter! I have a brother with COPD and an 80yo mother and in-laws. I have had a hard time explaining this to some young guys in our club who think it's time to show what kind of he-men they are when I mentioned caution if we ever get tournaments going this year, which I doubt! I can't make myself totally stay at home though. I'm always on edge by March to finally come alive again and get some fresh air and enjoy nature. I'll keep my distance from others and get some much needed practice. Hopefully the bass ain't contagious!
    Me too Rips...mom with COPD..already had lung reduction surgery and my MIL is stage 4 cancer...challenging times for sure

Quote Originally Posted by STLBassBuster View Post
    I am thinking of doing some day trips to Kincaid once I get my boat maintenance finished. I will have to stop at a local gas station but I have plastic gloves for that. Everything else I have.
    I can see the trip direct to the lake with a gas stop. Fish, enjoy and live large. Then, return direct to the house. Hopefully, you don't have any kind of breakdown that would require a cast of characters to get you back home. I would love to have a lake that close which would allow me to fish and put this insanity on hold. To those of you that have that situation - God Bless You - Enjoy. If you are fishing alone - be extra careful. If you are fishing with another, you need to decide if it is ok to add his/her recent contacts to yours. On March 12 I went to Athletico - a store for physical therapy - trying to loosen up my shoulder. 5 days later they called me to tell me that earlier that morning a woman was in that later tested positive for Covid19. This Wednesday will be my 14th day after that - which should put me in the clear. Point being, you never know. I have not been back, and I can't be angry with Athletico. I just decided to stay off the firing range so I can't be hit. Nothing is more important than the health and well being of my family ... so as badly as I would like to pull that Ranger to the river it will have to wait for now. It's 2 1/2 - 3 hours each way and my partner who lives alone and never leaves the house is older than me. Well. that's it.
    I saw this on "Blue Bloods" and I had to roll it back so I could write it down. "Life is Hard... and it gets harder every time you make a bad choice".
    Last edited by hooksetter5; 03-24-2020 at 03:13 PM.

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

Quote Originally Posted by ToyotaKev View Post
    Me too Rips...mom with COPD..already had lung reduction surgery and my MIL is stage 4 cancer...challenging times for sure
    Taking care of our parents is not always easy ... I loved having my father-in-law living with us. I learned so much from him - he was such a gentleman, a retired Coast Guard Rescue Helicopter Pilot with a rank of Commander. He passed 3 years ago and I still find myself using expressions that he used. Your children will learn by watching you. I know it is not always easy but it is great if their condition is manageable and the family can handle it. God Bless you & you family.

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

5. Member
    Hadn't revisited this thread but thanks for the kind words Hooksetter! Would love to pick your your brain on the Pool sometime...have only fished it twice but had an pretty unforgettable morning there...got on a school that was fired up! Whole lotta fun

6. Member
    I just relocated to Chicago for work in October then this crap hit just glad to still be working only good thing is what used to take me 45 minutes to drive 6 miles to work is now only a 10 minute drive Chicago is literally a ghost town. I am definitely headed home this weekend to fish I can’t stand it any longer definitely need some stress relief from all of this Covid-19 crap

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rips LEGEND View Post
    I agree Hooksetter! I have a brother with COPD and an 80yo mother and in-laws. I have had a hard time explaining this to some young guys in our club who think it's time to show what kind of he-men they are when I mentioned caution if we ever get tournaments going this year, which I doubt! I can't make myself totally stay at home though. I'm always on edge by March to finally come alive again and get some fresh air and enjoy nature. I'll keep my distance from others and get some much needed practice. Hopefully the bass ain't contagious!
    Went to Kentucky today and as I’m passing Rend lake I see a 20-21’ boat with 4 people in it perch jerkin. I don’t get it, it’s guys like this that are gonna end up getting all fishing shut down because they are smart enough to follow some simple guidelines/orders. Maybe it’s just me but I don’t even want to fish with my buddy right now and sure as hell wouldn’t have 3 other people in the boat with me.
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

8. Member
    Don’t forget that they could all live under the same roof. I’m taking my kid and my dad fishing next weekend, and my dad lives with us. Pretty tough to keep everyone 6’ apart at all times in a 20’ boat.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peach1303 View Post
    Don’t forget that they could all live under the same roof. I’m taking my kid and my dad fishing next weekend, and my dad lives with us. Pretty tough to keep everyone 6’ apart at all times in a 20’ boat.
    Good pointPeach but I should of mentioned they looked like older men....maybe live at the same nursing home lol
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ToyotaKev View Post
    Hadn't revisited this thread but thanks for the kind words Hooksetter! Would love to pick your your brain on the Pool sometime...have only fished it twice but had an pretty unforgettable morning there...got on a school that was fired up! Whole lotta fun

You ain't neva lied! That was one fun filled day!!!!!
    I'm not dead yet.....competition is the life blood of any human being

11. Member
    Haha Komatoz, yeah that would be a hard sell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12