Bass Tracker Cooler-Insulating

If you don't have one of the newer Bass Tracker's the in floor cooler sucks. It's just an aluminium box, it's not insulated and doesn't keep anything cold or keep ice.

As part of my recarpeting effort I was planning on building a bigger insulated cooler, similar to what they have today. Unfortunately, it wasn't possible due to clearance in the cockpit and the console. So instead I looked for a way to insulate the existing box using some 1 inch insulation panel I picked up from lowes.

It fits snugly and it still has space below the cooler for any water to flow back to the drain. It's a bit "hillbilly" but I think it's better insulated and hope the cooler keeps stuff cooler longer. Will see as it gets warm.

This is the box straight out of the floor. That little piece of foam is what Tracker considers "insulation".

A piece of the insulation glued to the bottom.

I made this "sandwich" with a 1/2" piece of marine plywood to go in the front of the opening.

The rear of the opening. There is a aluminium brace crossways I glued the pieces to.

The front sandwich piece installed in the opening. Secured uses some L brackets to keep it from moving.

2. Member
    Nice. Thanks for posting.