Fishing during a lockdown?

If we are in a lockdown and we can only leave our house for food and doctors appointments then can we go fishing if that's where I get our food from?

2. Member
    Yes.

3. Member
    I can just walk out my back door.

A lock down is not enforceable anyways unless we’re under martial law from my understanding.

DNR sent out an email a few days ago encouraging people to go fishing and hiking
    "The handicapped angler"

Apparently some states are waiving fees for hunting and fishing licenses. So I’d say yes!

6. Member
    The state’s definition of a lockdown is for nonessential businesses to not bring their employees into the office. Lockdown is not the right word.

Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    DNR sent out an email a few days ago encouraging people to go fishing and hiking
    It's the best place to be....fresh air, no people!

Looks like we can still go fishing.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...us/2905683001/

Michigan state parks are open, for now, but campgrounds are closed as the state launches into a stay-at-home order from Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.
    State park campgrounds, lodging facilities and shelters will remain closed through April 13, according to a press release from the Michigan Department of Natural Resources. Campers who reserved a spot already will get a refund.
    However, Michigan’s state parks, recreation areas, state boat launches, state forests and other resources will remain open in line with Whitmer’s order, according to the release.
    Still, that could change if the rules of the order aren’t respected, DNR Director Dan Eichinger said in the release.
    Whitmer’s order — which requires Michiganders and businesses shutter their doors except for essential needs — allows for walking, hiking, running, cycling and other recreational activity as long as there’s a distance of6 feet from someone who is not in the same household.

9. dartag1829
    2 guys in a bass boat on Union Lake right now. Even saw them take a couple fish photos. They are keeping there distance.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    . Even saw them take a couple fish photos. They are keeping there distance.
    So how am I going to make my 5 pounder look like an 8 if my fishing buddy needs to be 6 feet from me?

Good luck with this!!

12. dartag1829
    lot of boats on Union Lake today. Just drove by and there must be 10 divers going out in the water. Was going to stop and enforce the Social Distancing Law but some of them had knives on there legs.

13. Member
    Went to Kent lk. yesterday and 1 boat (1 guy) out fishing. When we left, another boat was getting ready to launch. I saw one 4" bluegill and 1 carp. No bites for me from shore. I have no idea what the water temp is...
    Wave Therapy

Water temps in the last 2 lakes the last 2 days were between 44-49*. I caught a bunch of LM and one 2lb smallie…

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

15. Member
    Did you leave any for Phil ?
    Wave Therapy

He caught a couple too. He couldnt catch any on his brand name "Chatterbaits". Every LM was caught on my home made junk. I did catch the only 2lb SM on a home made junk jerkbait.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

17. Member
    First thing that popped in my head was that I've seen your junk.. but that just aint right..
    Wave Therapy