Hi-point .45acp carbine

Anyone have one? Shot one ?
    I have a JHP, in .45acp. This is to facilitate ammo and magazine compatibility.

2. Member
    The high point carbines get good reviews. If they made a Glock mag compatible model that looked a little better I might buy one.

3. Member
    Thank you. I found some videos about modified Glock mags, haven't watched them yet. Found a site that sells a "bullpup" conversion.

4. Member
    i Have one in 9mm ---Flawless never an issue
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    Thank you

It's a cheap clunky gun but they are fun to shoot. The one I had was fairly accurate too.
    2014 Nitro Z7 150 Pro XS

7. Member
    Thanks !

8. Member
    My father had the same one, it ran well. I work with a guy who also has a 45 Hi Point pistol, I call it the Dewalt drill of handguns. It is blocky and kinda ugly but runs well.
    Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post

I have the 9MM version. The trigger is stiff and not nice on feeling on the finger when it's used a lot in one range visit. I put a Halo site on mine and it's pretty quick and accurate. I like shooting PA Steel with it. It's really accurate at 100 yards and I've not shot it past that. It does wear out the trigger finger when shooting PA Steel which is a minimum of 150 rounds (generally 200 give or take) in about 3 hours time. Don't plan on real fast mag changes, it's not that gun. For the price it's a fun pistol caliber carbine.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

10. Member
    I have a 40 S&W, it has worked flawlessly, though I have only shot 200 rounds or so. I bought mine, also, for the ammo compatibility.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

My buddy has a 9mm high point, he hasn't had any issues with it that I know of, shot well for me, but when comparing it to my Springfield, it is large, clunky and just felt cheaper. But he also paid a lot less for it so that is expected.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    My father had the same one, it ran well. I work with a guy who also has a 45 Hi Point pistol, I call it the Dewalt drill of handguns. It is blocky and kinda ugly but runs well.

That is a good idea. Paint one up like a drill and open carry it on a tool belt.