Thread: Vortex hub caps

Vortex hub caps

Guys, dad is having an issue with losing these caps. He has a 2019 Z20. Just had to order his 4th cap in less than 6 month's. Not sure if he is not tightening them enough or may be over tightening them. Or is this a known issue? Any help would be appreciated. Dealership claims there is nothing wrong.

I would speculate someone is taking them.

I broke one in 4 years. No other issues.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    Good point, never thought about that.

4. Member
    Someone could be taking them but my guess is overtightening them. They have a plastic thread and are easy to strip. I have stripped one and knew I had done it but decided it would
    be fine. About 2 months later it came off and blew out the center of center cap ruining it also.
    Keith Thomas
    2016 Nitro Z21
    Mercury 250 ProXS

5. Member
    So when he got the cap from the dealership and drove back home to put it on. He notice the wheel didn't look straight and had some play in it. Took it to back to the dealership. Now they have to get in contact with warranty dept and get approval for another hub. 2nd one in 8 months on top of two brake calipers that were stuck and had to be replaced. Dealership said it may be 6 weeks before they can get to it. Something us definitely not right with this trailer.

6. Member
    Had one break within the first 2 months. Been fine since. Been 2+ years now.

7. Member
    someone needs to make an upgrade option for those caps.. ive had 3 break around the threads now(3 of the 4 originals, replacements havent broke, Yet)

8. Member
    The latest update. Tracker told the dealership to replace the entire front axle. When the the dealer opened the box the brake caliper was damaged. More waiting.