Ignition bypass question

This is on a Lowe 2016 model 1860. Having issues with the ignition switch and trying to trouble shoot. can someone tell me which two wires to connect to be able to bypass and "start in gear"? I just need to find out if my switch is bad or not. I dont need to start it in gear per say.
    ignition.JPG
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

Please read the forum announcement's above and provide the required info
    Serial number and description of the problem at least
    I would recommend against bypassing anything, as there is a much better way to approach this
    Last edited by lpugh; 03-19-2020 at 08:30 PM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Banned
    It will help you to receive faster, and more accurate responses if you will post your questions in the appropriate forum:

Mercury Motors (this forum)
    TWO STROKE models (Less than 135 hp).

Mercury - 2.0/ 2.4/ 2.5 Liter High Performance
    For discussions related to 2.0/ 2.4/ 2.5L Two Stroke motors (Carb, EFI, Optimax or Racing).

Mercury - 3 Liter & 3 Liter High Performance
    For discussions related to 3L Two Stroke motors (XS, ProXS Optimax, EFI, or Racing)

Mercury - 4 Stroke / Verado
    For discussions related to ALL Mercury 4 Stroke Engines.

For fastest/most-accurate assistance, please choose the correct forum.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    Please read the forum announcement's above and provide the required info
    Serial number and description of the problem at least
    I would recommend against bypassing anything, as there is a much better way to approach this
    agree but if you just have too, yellow red to red and it should spin, may need to test neutral safety switch in control box for continuity
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

Quote Originally Posted by acesover View Post
    It will help you to receive faster, and more accurate responses if you will post your questions in the appropriate forum:

Mercury Motors (this forum)
    TWO STROKE models (Less than 135 hp).

Mercury - 2.0/ 2.4/ 2.5 Liter High Performance
    For discussions related to 2.0/ 2.4/ 2.5L Two Stroke motors (Carb, EFI, Optimax or Racing).

Mercury - 3 Liter & 3 Liter High Performance
    For discussions related to 3L Two Stroke motors (XS, ProXS Optimax, EFI, or Racing)

Mercury - 4 Stroke / Verado
    For discussions related to ALL Mercury 4 Stroke Engines.

For fastest/most-accurate assistance, please choose the correct forum.
    It is posted in the correct forum. Tell me how a switch bypass has anything to do with what motor i have?

2003 Merc 90ELPTO
    Serial #0T646676

The problem is my motor will not turn over with the ignition. Started out as an issue that appeared control box was not going into neutral. I had to wiggle the throttle in the neutral position and it would turn over. Then it worked flawlessly with forward and reverse. As of yesterday, nothing i did would work for it to engage the starter. Turn the key and nothing. I have a jet drive lower on it so im not really worried about the start in gear feature. I just wanted to find out if it was an ingition switch issue or something else. I can easily change out the switch, other things may require me to take it to a shop. It is on a 2016 LOWE Roughneck 1860 Tunnel Jet.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    agree but if you just have too, yellow red to red and it should spin, may need to test neutral safety switch in control box for continuity
    Thanks Joe, i was thinking i may have to splice the two yellow/reds coming out of the control box. WHich i tried, and it still would not spin. I may try the yellow/red and red option if you think that may work.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

Switch was not the problem. Negative terminal on battery was corroded at the lug. Not visible until i disconnected it to check it. Cut it off an replaced it after stripping down the copper. Fired right up. No obvious corrosion. suprised this was the problem.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

8. Banned
    Didn't see the motor size in your original post. And your signature would imply a larger motor. Sorry I assumed something that I should not have assumed.