Thread: .204 Ruger

.204 Ruger

Anyone have any experience with this and can give me the good, bad and indifferent. I have a chance to get a SS & laminate Ruger No. 1 in this caliber for a fair price and looking for feedback. Also, scope recommendations would be appreciated as well. Thanks in advance for the help.
    5 Short of a limit

It's a great round for coyote, little rough on fox, hell on coons. Got a 4x12 leupold on mine, it's a tc venture. Very accurate.

3. Member
    204 is the answer to an unasked question. I am a huge number one fan though and if it could get it at a decent price I would be all over it.

4. Member
    I have 2 of them. I bought one when they were first introduced. Love the round....extremely fast and recoil is light enough to see the hits in the scope. I have taken groundhogs up to 560 yards with mine. Both of mine wear 6.5-20 power range scopes. A number 1 would be sweet in it....you will love it.

5. Member
    If they were legal on deer here, I would have one. Has to be 22 caliber centerfire or larger.

6. Member
    I own 3 of them and I highly recommend the round. Groundhog, fox, coyote, turkey, and anything else of those sorts. I'd also be willing to take it deer hunting if I was looking to head shoot a doe.