Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Fishing is banned, but not taking the boat out on the lake? Wow, talk about screwedup.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

2. Member
    This is the wrong link! I got one from Amazon using this link and it the wrong size. It's to big. To large.
    Just a heads up! Pretty disappointed really.

Quote Originally Posted by BassCPT View Post
    This is the latch that my 11 Z521 has for the center storage box.

It appears to be made by southco and my amazon search did turn something up.

https://www.amazon.com/Southco-Thermoplastic-Elastomer-Flexible-Concealed/dp/B00GM5F962

Hope this helps

2015 Skeeter ZX250 with 2015 SHO 250hp
    12" Helix MSI at console linked with
    9" Helix MDI at bow
    52" 36v Ultrex
    (sold and I miss it)

You're on your way to having "Exactly" the boat you want, lol !! You can take the seats to an Upholstery Shop and they can replace just the panels that are damaged. Much cheaper than new skins and you can always do that later as needed. I like the colors too !! I had a 94 492 like that !! If you have a good hardware store near you, you should be able to find that kind of latch in SS. Your front graphs look good and as long as your Ram Mount will hold them up, I'd stay with that !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

4. Member
    No bueno on the interference. If you figure it out, please post back to let us know.
    2022 Ranger Z520R, 2022 Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    Dual 16” Lowrance Live’s at console, 12” Live with Active Target, Garmin 8612 and Livescope, and Humminbird 12” Mega 360 at the bow
    Lowrance Ghost TM

5. Member
    Yes you never run graph wires next to any high voltage wires you possibly risk interference trolling motor wires run up port side all other wires up the the starboard or you can run up the center of the boat ranger has a conduit that runs up the center of the boat all the way up to the bow

6. Member
    I made some progress on the interference. I read through a bunch of Mega 360 interference threads and this seems to be rather common. Lots of guys moved from the normal 360 to the Mega and with the same wiring configuration had increased noise. There is a setting for noise reduction buried in the "Custom" user mode. I also had the transducer cable running on the main cable bundle from the graph to the motor, now it is routed along the motor bracket instead. Those two changes made a significant improvement in "bucket of water" driveway testing.

7. Member
    I found the smaller version of that latch and ordered it. But I also got the big version, will send that back.

Pulled the bump rail and tightened all the screws, because they were all loose. That was a crap job getting the rubber strip back in.

8. Member
    Pretty sure this was the boat I was going to look at.... . Canyon Marine ? I ended up getting a 2015 118c, it has been a great boat as well... And yes, my first fish out of it was a trout.. and the second, and the third... The Senko, best trout lure ever made, lol!!!

9. Member
    Yeah this was at Canyon. Luckily we have caught some bass now.

10. Member
    Nice fish and great seeing you out enjoying time with your boys on your sweet boat. Keep up with any updates this thread is very uplifting when most else is not.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

11. Member
    A few updates to share.

- I've had two hatches blow out their rivets, which I've drilled out and then put new rivets in. But I generally hate the fact that the construction is like this. Something I would look at in another boat as I think this is a crap design. When will the boat and RV world stop using rivets and thread cutting /forming screws placed in wood and composite as the primary fastening method. Engineer rant/.

- I did the magic carpet cleaning. At first I though it was rubbish, the results directly after seemed lack luster. But once the carpets completely dried I realized it was actually a nice improvement, and I saw a few areas that I didn't get all the way.

Been on a few trips around the state with the boat and the boys are really enjoying it.

Changed out the RAM mount I had at the front for a Bass Boat Technologies dual mount. The brackets I made for both graphs on the RAM mount were fine and the adjustment on the RAM was actually solid. But the screws holding it to the deck could handle the extra load and were pulling out. New setup is solid.

Getting M360 and Livescope on the trolling motor and having the cover kinda fir is tough. But mounting the M360 to the inside helps. Also added Perspective mode, which is really awesome for shallow flats fishing! Put some pedals for the power poles as well.

Finally - we have got some good fish from the "home lake" which is literally across the street from our house. Been fishing it for 9 months now catching jack squat. Feels good to get some decent ones, including my PB small mouth.

My sons eyes when he pulled it out of the net say it all.

And a few others from the home lake

12. Member
    Making some great memories with your boys. They will remember these times with you forever.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

13. Member
    Made the jump to a full lithium battery setup. I successfully killed the starting battery on the water on two separate outings, which I wasn't a fan of. Running 3 graphs, livescope and M360 is a big load. So I put the Ionic 125 in as the house/cranking battery. No problems with this battery cranking the Yamaha 250 4 stroke. Being able to monitor all the batteries with the app is really nice, now I know where I'm at with the house battery and I'm able to actually fish a few days without needing to recharge to 100% or be dead in the water.

14. Member
    Had a few more outings with the full lithium setup, really love it. Again, no worries cranking or running the Yamaha 250 SHO 4 stroke.

Starting to think about my winter projects for the boat. I know that Ranger parts has a bad wrap right now. But I'll probably make an order for some stuff at some point soon here. Likely a bunch of the rubber seals for the hatches and livewells, seat skins, carpet, and some trailer parts like the winch mount bracket. It seems to be beat to death. Maybe a new jack just to have as a spare as I hear they are specific to Ranger.

15. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jid2 View Post
    Had a few more outings with the full lithium setup, really love it. Again, no worries cranking or running the Yamaha 250 SHO 4 stroke.

Starting to think about my winter projects for the boat. I know that Ranger parts has a bad wrap right now. But I'll probably make an order for some stuff at some point soon here. Likely a bunch of the rubber seals for the hatches and livewells, seat skins, carpet, and some trailer parts like the winch mount bracket. It seems to be beat to death. Maybe a new jack just to have as a spare as I hear they are specific to Ranger.
    You are a man of much energy and ambition!
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

16. Member
    Getting rolling with the winter projects and 2nd round of boat updates and fixes.

After all the Ranger customer service horror stories from the past few months I wasn't expecting it to be easy - but so far so good. I only had to wait a few minutes on hold to get to parts. And since then I've been able to just exchange emails while we lock in all the details.

I'm getting:
    - Carpet, Ash color
    - Seat skins in charcoal and black
    - Rubber seals for the livewells and compartment lids
    - Trailer jack
    - Winch assembly and mount

I plan to use Sea Deck for the compartment floor, so I'll have to get that made. I'm going to try and do the compartments in Sea Deck as well as I really hate the carpet. I know the compartments are not finished on the insides - so I'll see what I think when I get in there.

My trim just stopped working on the motor. Sounds like it might be the ram seals leaking and the hydraulic unit is now low on fluid. So far that been the only real maintenance issue I've had so far with the boat.

Why did you go to 3-12v batteries instead of just 1-36v ? I'm thinking about getting a single 24v for my Trolling Battery so now I'm curious, lol !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

18. Member
    I wanted to have a ton of capacity, that way I could fish big days and not charge in between. I also really liked the Ionic batteries for features and price.

19. Member
    great job on the boat and keep having fun with your kids these times are priceless ..

20. BBC SPONSOR

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast