Thread: Margay ride

Margay ride

If anybody in east tn has a newer model margay , I would like to see it in person and maybe catch a ride in it if you have time. Willing to pay for gas. Just pm me if interested.
    Thanks, Chuck

2. Member
    can't help with the ride unless you come north but can tell you alot. i fish erie a lot with mine within reason,and sometime not.haha in the big waves you get beat up, seams like not a lot of padding in the seats. if your not in a hurry in the rough stuff the ride is amazing for a boat this size and keeps you dry. 2016 150merc 4s I have over 200Hrs on mine and very happy! pm me if you want my#

3. Member
    Well, shoot!

I left my house here in Tazewell, TN at 8:30am to drive my Margay down to the new house in FL and drop it off. Turned around and headed back. Finished the 1300 mile round trip this evening about 6pm.

Talk about some bad timing!
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

We’ve been sitting back waiting on comments and the Margay is an excellent ride for a 17’ 7” boat. It rivals the Sabre FTD in ways on the ride ad performance is just below it as it was made to run with 70 HP up.

5. Member
    Ride is awesome, never wet. In big waves it is easy to time them and drive through them, nose down in smaller stuff and it eat's it up. My buddy has a sabre, I see no difference in ride other than the seats. The margay and the classic should be offered with the option of the wave crusher seats as they make a huge difference in butt feel when in the rough stuff. I will say that the boat handles phenominal for it's size the seats are just Meh. I have a 150hp pro xs and it is a fun machine.

6. Member
    I'm happy with the ride as well. Honestly it's a dryer ride than some of my friends boats that are 19ft. Ive fished out their boats numerous times and always seem to get wet if it's rough. Don't have that problem in the margay. I've been out in some weather that I probably shouldn't have been in it and it's always got me back with no problems. Just take your time.
    Last edited by lostone; 03-22-2020 at 06:31 PM.

7. Member
    I got a little beat up in my Margay in the rough stuff, but generally if I got wet it was my fault. The boat runs incredibly well once you figure out how to drive it and time things. The seat padding as mentioned could be better.

Agree with all, including the softer seats. I didn't know about them.