Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Ranger 521L/300r Merc

Tempted by the Vexus Carbonite 21/300r Merc

Maybe 622/400r Merc and keep my old 520 for everything but Lake Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by BCB123 View Post
    I own a Bass Cat, and will always own one. I don’t know of another company that has their customer service. If you want to talk to Rick Pierce on Monday, give Bass Cat a call, and don’t be surprised if you are able to reach him. He truly cares about his customers. The fit and finish is also second to none. 5 of their models can run 80+. All of us BCB owners love our Cats. No, they aren’t perfect, but neither are any of them. I do know that if I run into an issue, which I have yet to run into anything other than a trailer light issue in 7 years, with 7 different Cats, they will do anything they can to make it right. Some might say they ride a little more rough than some, but I would say that is operator error. You do have to know how to drive them, and it takes time behind the wheel. I can take my hands off the steering wheel at 75 in my Puma, but to get to 80-82, you really have to know how to drive them. You have to own one to understand why other people own them. Take a tour around the plant, and the whole crew will treat you like family. I’m not saying other companies won’t as well, but the whole experience is what initially sold me. With that being said, I would get an old Champion if I had to own any other boat. I like those old Champ’s all boats are made well, it really just comes down to everyone’s personal preference.

You you are aware that bass cat sold a while back and they’re now an investment company boat now...right?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ducker2 View Post
    You you are aware that bass cat sold a while back and they’re now an investment company boat now...right?
    They are owned by a parent company now but Rick Pierce still runs Bass Cat Boat division. Of all of the bass boats I have owned over 30ish years (i.e. Ranger, BCB, Skeeter, Champion, Cobra), Bass Cat has the best post purchase customer support. From what I can tell, the parent company that owns BCB's leaves Rick alone and let's him run the company his way.

Quote Originally Posted by AggieBass View Post
    They are owned by a parent company now but Rick Pierce still runs Bass Cat Boat division. Of all of the bass boats I have owned over 30ish years (i.e. Ranger, BCB, Skeeter, Champion, Cobra), Bass Cat has the best post purchase customer support. From what I can tell, the parent company that owns BCB's leaves Rick alone and let's him run the company his way.

I was told told by a former employee that they have a 5 year exit plan for Rick.

5. Member

not accurate sold out to a big boat company with original owner still calling the shots and running the company
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

That’s not true ducker2...

I don’t plan on leaving till I’m in my 70’s, if then, and I’m 61 now. We have a five (5) year plan from here on the business and models, and a five (5) year plan after that to do some really cool boat stuff. And a young design team that’s wanting to learn and they’ve already done some real good work. And it’s already been five years, I agreed to ten initially and then it’s my decision to stay or go.

The 219 TFX Yar-Craft was awarded the NMMA’s “Most Innovative Fiberglass Fishing Boat” in January at the Minneapolis Boat Show. Then we have the Jaguar for 2020 after a long rebuild and new design. After that we have more in the pipe for years coming.

And that’s on top of the 2095 BTX Yar-Craft we totally rebuilt, a new Lynx and the Pantera Classic all over the last few years. Plus we added on some space to give us more room.

Rick

7. Member
    I was told told by a former employee that they have a 5 year exit plan for Rick.
    This is new to me.. I don’t see Rick going anywhere anytime soon. That employee must know more than a lot of people. It’s already been 5 years since they sold.

8. Member
    good morning,

Vexus AVX 1980, 'rude g2

good luck,
    PURA VIDA,
    bluebonnet2

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post

I don’t plan on leaving till I’m in my 70’s, if then, and I’m 61 now. We have a five (5) year plan from here on the business and models, and a five (5) year plan after that to do some really cool boat stuff. And a young design team that’s wanting to learn and they’ve already done some real good work. And it’s already been five years, I agreed to ten initially and then it’s my decision to stay or go.

The 219 TFX Yar-Craft was awarded the NMMA’s “Most Innovative Fiberglass Fishing Boat” in January at the Minneapolis Boat Show. Then we have the Jaguar for 2020 after a long rebuild and new design. After that we have more in the pipe for years coming.

And that’s on top of the 2095 BTX Yar-Craft we totally rebuilt, a new Lynx and the Pantera Classic all over the last few years. Plus we added on some space to give us more room.

Rick
    Yall are making some fine boats, sir!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post

Rick
    How about a go fast light hull for the speed crowd?
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

11. Member
    ALLISON..

12. Member
    Caymus or Falcon

Charger 596 with a SHO 250 fitted with the NizPro 450 kit.

14. Member
    And then Rick responds directly to your comment, wow I did not see that coming. Not surprised though.

15. Member
    surprised at the lack of Vexus love

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910