2008 200 XL Passenger Console Removal

A friend of mine is trying to remove his passenger console but is running into roadblocks. Apparently there are a bunch of screws that just spin and also some that won’t budge with a power drill. Any tips or tricks from anybody that’s done this?

Thanks,
    Migs

I've not tried to remove mine before, but seems like all the screws are actually bolts. I remember seeing posts on here before about removal and some nuts were tricky to get to.

Thank you for the helpful info Javelin389! I’ll pass this on!

5. Member
    I have a 2003 and I'm considering the same. Curious though what people have done after to make their trailering cover still sit correctly.

6. Member
    I have a 2007 200xl and removed mine, it took about an hour. In the rod locker pull the carpet down that faces the passenger console. There are four nuts for the four screws in the back of the consoles. remove! Next remove the two screws that are in the left side. I removed the rod holder and reached up in there with long vice grips, this is the hard part. When they are done there is a small amount of adhesive left behind. Just rock the console until it is free. I covered the two side holes with gatorhide mat. It looks great and I am glad that console is out.

7. Member
    Just added a 2nd console to mine . Pull carpet down about 3 inches in rod locker & nuts are there. For the ones in the side I pulled the passeneger rod holder out & reached in from there for the other 2 side bolts. Took about a hour to install it.

Thank you all for the helpful hints!!!

9. Member
    Can somebody gutcheck my thinking? I'm pondering taking out the console, adding some kind of mat/rubber something to hide the carnage, and then installing either blind jack nuts or blind rivet nuts in an attempt to have the option to put it in and take it out at will. I figure I could paint the bolt heads black to match the covering and leave them in to keep things sealed from water.

I would prefer the console out most of the time, but there are just a few lakes we fish where the waves get just crazy. I want to be considerate of my co-anglers for those rough lakes. I also realized with no console they'd have nothing to hand on to, so I will have to install an oh-shit handle.

What am I not considering? Would I need to install some kind of lip for it to sit on when re-installing? Thanks all.