Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Carpet to carpet across the front ped hole is 62"...sorry for delay getting info...
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

2. Member
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    Nice deck width!
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

4. Member
    It's actually not, the 20'4 is on the same trailer as the 22'3, with a rough measurement of approximately 24'6" with the motor down and trailer swung open. Hoping they will shorten the trailer to allow for storage similar to my 520.

Quote Originally Posted by NattyLite View Post
    I don’t think there is any deceiving at all. The original post listed the boat as tip of bow to transom as 20’4”. The transom is inset. You are still shorter in overall storage length then Rangers flagship 520 by the time you add the jack plate and motor. The owner of Ballistic is building one of the nice boats on the market that is truly custom. Wish my funds could support a purchase but I do love seeing what is coming out of Idaho. If you are not happy with how it is measured move on and let the owner focus on people who appreciate what he’s making.
    .204 Ballistic 300R - Speed, Ride, Fishability!

5. Member
    There is 6-8 inches of adjustability with the trailer to make the length of the boat, motor and trailer shorter or longer. My .223 fits in my 24.5' garage at an angle and I have about 8" to spare. This is with the motor down. Although I do not have a .204 to try this out on but I would imagine by simply having Jim move the front hitch post up to the furthest position and with the boat being shorter as well should net a much shorter combo of boat, motor and trailer. Again I have not tried this but geometry does not lie.

6. Member
    I believe that those complaining about not having more specifics on the 204 is understandable.
    Ballistic has obviously approached things differently by allowing the public to know early in the build about the boat.
    In my opinion its still in the prototype phase. They are still doing testing and hull strengthening.

Once its in the production stage, they need to come out with all specs.
    Most manufactures like BCB will let the public know there is a new boat in the works, but will not show it until they have specifications to release on it.
    To each his own.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

7. Banned
    Lol “prototype “ the boat only went shorter and wider up front..my goodness the wrong post on here is wild sometimes ..it’s like where did you even get that info..I’ve been with jim for several years now 90% of things posted negative about Ballistic is false internet information..

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by satisfied View Post
    Lol “prototype “ the boat only went shorter and wider up front..my goodness the wrong post on here is wild sometimes ..it’s like where did you even get that info..I’ve been with jim for several years now 90% of things posted negative about Ballistic is false internet information..
    Did you read this thread?? or this one? http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1040405
    The Web page still says coming Fall of 2019. Zero info.
    Everyone wants specs on the boat.

I was being kind. But since you seem sarcastic...Ballistic needs to step up their game. The 204 will be the seller for Ballistic. Most don't want a 22 foot boat.
    Yet the only marketing for that model is on this forum (which is vague at best), Facebook and YouTube.

I personally like the boats.

Dont confuse kindness with ignorance.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

9. Member
    I have never had a problem calling Ballistic and getting the answer to any question I have had. Everyone is feeling "some kind of way" because every dimension is not found on the internet and there is not a boat builder program on their website so you can select colors. This boat is very similar to the .223 except its approximately 8" shorter on the front deck and wider at the very front to allow flush mounting a 12" graph. Weight savings are probably around 200lbs but since there is currently only 1 .204 in existence with a 400 on it its impossible to get an apples to apples comparison since there are no .223's with a 400 that I am aware of. I do not pretend to know the ins and outs of designing an entirely new mold but I will tell you this for certain that Jim did not bring any product to market without it being right. I have no idea how much money went into the .204 nor do I want to but I can guarantee you that the molds and the finished product will be perfect. If you do not want to wait on the process then by all means its a free marketplace and you can purchase what you want. Ballistic is and hopefully always will be a family owned affair and 10000 miles away from Johnny Morris and chopped fiberglass construction. The very first .204 rolled off 6 weeks ago so a little patience is probably in order. I applaud the way he does business as he delivered the boat to the customer instead of taking time to update the website. Hopefully you get the chance to fish out of either a .204 or .223 and your mind will immediately be made up. I have given several rides in my .223 and every ballistic owner I know has done the same.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chass75 View Post
    I have never had a problem calling Ballistic and getting the answer to any question I have had. Everyone is feeling "some kind of way" because every dimension is not found on the internet and there is not a boat builder program on their website so you can select colors. This boat is very similar to the .223 except its approximately 8" shorter on the front deck and wider at the very front to allow flush mounting a 12" graph. Weight savings are probably around 200lbs but since there is currently only 1 .204 in existence with a 400 on it its impossible to get an apples to apples comparison since there are no .223's with a 400 that I am aware of. I do not pretend to know the ins and outs of designing an entirely new mold but I will tell you this for certain that Jim did not bring any product to market without it being right. I have no idea how much money went into the .204 nor do I want to but I can guarantee you that the molds and the finished product will be perfect. If you do not want to wait on the process then by all means its a free marketplace and you can purchase what you want. Ballistic is and hopefully always will be a family owned affair and 10000 miles away from Johnny Morris and chopped fiberglass construction. The very first .204 rolled off 6 weeks ago so a little patience is probably in order. I applaud the way he does business as he delivered the boat to the customer instead of taking time to update the website. Hopefully you get the chance to fish out of either a .204 or .223 and your mind will immediately be made up. I have given several rides in my .223 and every ballistic owner I know has done the same.
    very impressed, wish I could own one someday from what I have seen and read???
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    Did you read this thread?? or this one? http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1040405
    The Web page still says coming Fall of 2019. Zero info.
    Everyone wants specs on the boat.

I was being kind. But since you seem sarcastic...Ballistic needs to step up their game. The 204 will be the seller for Ballistic. Most don't want a 22 foot boat.
    Yet the only marketing for that model is on this forum (which is vague at best), Facebook and YouTube.

I personally like the boats.

Dont confuse kindness with ignorance.

Don
    Why wouldn't customers want a 22' boat? Know I dang sure do. Charger is going to splash a 223 Champion hull for their Elite line up. Must be somebody wanting them.

Someday i will go up to a 22 footer, would go 23 if one was made

13. Member
    With the deck layout on these boats they seem about a foot bigger than they actually are. The .223 literally looks like an aircraft carrier and the .204 has almost as much front deck room. You can fish 3 comfortably from the front deck of these things.

would love to see one, the 223 is right up my alley!!

Now for them powerball numbers

15. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I have a 22 foot charger had many sizes over the years and when the water gets big you need a big boat period.I feel much safer in 22 than I ever did in 19 .The 223 ballistic is a great size for a lot of guys and looks really good!

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Why wouldn't customers want a 22' boat? Know I dang sure do. Charger is going to splash a 223 Champion hull for their Elite line up. Must be somebody wanting them.
    Hopefully they don't have the same issue with the top cap cracking...I've tried to buy a few of the Champ 223's but just about everyone I've seen had those full gel cracks about 3 to 4 feet past the console...just could never get past that!
    Last edited by 95202DCX; 04-28-2020 at 08:37 PM.
    1998 202 DC / Mercury 300R

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 95202DCX View Post
    Hopefully they don't have the same issue with the top cap cracking...I've tried to buy a few of the Champ 223's but just about everyone I've seen had those full gel cracks about 3 to 4 feet past the console...just could never get past that!
    Dosen't matter now to me anyway. With the price quote I got yesterday I will just have to drool when I see a Ballistic.

18. Member
    Yes they care about length will it fit in my garage

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john721 View Post
    Yes they care about length will it fit in my garage
    This is one of the main reasons more 20 footers sell. Was waiting for someone else to point it out.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

20. Banned
    Price all goes by decorations..we sold one not long ago and the guy added almost 27k of extras..that is what makes any boat expensive..
    No crackin here guys..all his boats have been .223’s and none have cracks and several have over 150hrs already...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast