204 Measurements

Here a few measurments on the 204

overall lenght - Tip of bow to transom - 20' 4"

Carpet to Carpet at front of deck where carpet starts - 45"

Carpet to Carpet in front of console - 79"
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

2. Member
    width at the front pole hole?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    width at the front pole hole?
    What he said

4. Member
    I’m hearing the boat is actually 21’7” tip to tip. Ballistic is getting 20’4 but stopping at transom. Explains why there is minimal performance gain vs 223. That’s a big difference of 15” for storage. All boats with the sponsoon style like Bullet, Skeeter, etc would all shrink if measured the same. Why be different? Call it what it is - 21’7”.

5. Banned
    When you own the company you can measure it how you want..myself could care less how a boat is measured I wanna know how much fishing room I’m getting you measuring a sponson is wasted space for it’s not used for any use other than getting the coast guard to rate you hull higher for max hp..
    With a Ballistic .204 your getting 20Ft 4 of real fishing room..I’ve measured other boats and there 21ft boats have 16-17ft of fishing space the rest is just glass and you dang sure are not fishing off those areas
    Just my 2 cents worth

6. Member
    You're right the owner can measure HIS boat however he wants. But as a salesman for 30+ years and a potential buyer, my opinion is that measurement should be explained or at least clarified since it is 'different' than the industry norm and so that any buyers understand what they are actually buying. Especially when there is virtually no dealers and no inventory to actually see and definitely don't hide or deceive the fact that the boat is 21-7 by industry standards. There is a reason that the 20' boat market sells more boats than the 21-22' boat market.

7. Banned
    There is plenty inventory out there you don’t see many on BBC for guys have went different routes over the years and generations are changing..salesman for 30 plus or never a salesman..we all have opinions and Jim has his..as stated numerous times most could careless how it’s measured and honesty I only hear it from 1-2 guys on here..when at demo day at classic not one person said anything about the length or measurements..they was all after the build design and quality and functions

8. Member
    No doubt the market will decide. I just don’t understand why the mystery and deceit. I was looking for a 20’ boat and had some excitement for the 204. I have zero interest in a 21’7” boat.

9. Banned
    Good talks..as stated we all have opinions..a 20Ft boat tip to top is about 14ft of carpet area.i tend to avoid small boats for room is everything..
    I could post other boats pics of lengths but that would cause a BBC war on here with some guys..
    Everyone should go measure there 20Ft boat tip to transom and answer there own question of how long there boat really is for function and use area
    Believe me I was highly shocked at what I seen

10. Member
    I hear what you are saying. There has long been boats that the transom is even with the back of the boat thus giving you full use of the entire 'length' while others have add the corner tips extended that give you length on the outside edge but not in deck, storage, etc. Heck some of the 90's even had a couple mfg cut the corners off and the transom was 12-15" longer. I have just never heard a mfg claim that the competitor boat is really 12" shorter than advertised. Is the 223 measured the same? If so that means it is 23'+ by traditional standards.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    No doubt the market will decide. I just don’t understand why the mystery and deceit. I was looking for a 20’ boat and had some excitement for the 204. I have zero interest in a 21’7” boat.
    +1 on this. Also I don't understand the attitude given back when people are asking questions. It took forever for these measurements to appear as I have asked about them quite some time ago. All red flags to me and you have lost a potential customer from it. Plenty of other choices out there!

12. Member
    ask on another thread about base price an availability an heard nothing.

13. Member
    Last year I was going to buy a 20' boat. With the Ballistic, I was anticipating a 20'4" boat (or vicinity). Got tired of waiting/no word last year and went out and bought a 19'9" Ranger. Maybe I'm glad I went ahead and did that? Sure wanted to try one out though.

14. Member
    There is no deceit involved..if Jim wants to call his boat the damn Titanic, he can do so..if you don’t like what he calls it, then buy a different brand. No one is trying to deceive anyone and I’m sick of hearing it on hear. It took the time it did to get numbers up here cause we all have jobs and there is just one 204 out there right now. Jim is busy building them, Brian is busy selling them, and I’ve been swamped at work. I’ve tried to answer all you’ll question as soon as I can..

Jim named his boats Ballistic...that goes along with the rifle barrel theme on side of his boat..223 and 204 are calibers..he wanted to stay within his “ideal”, so he name them what he wanted..gezzzzz...I guess a 363 range is 36ft 3”???

Base price on these boats are mid to high 70’s, depending on how you equip one, they’ll go up here there.

I’ll go out of my way to help anyone answer their questions. Ballistic is a custom boat, and IMO, the best bass boat ever built. It’s obviously not for everyone..if you’re looking for finest boat on the market, it’s worth your time...Jim has his hands on ever boat that leaves his factory, and nothing but perfection leaves his building! He does not want to build 50+ boats a year. That’s not his goal..his goal is to build 2-3 monthly, making them the very best, highest quality, finest finished boats money can buy. He’ll accept nothing less. If you can’t put in order and wait for the very best, then buy less. He is right now backed up 4-5 boats, working 7 days a week. There are several dealers with boats on order that will have them on their lots in the near future..it actually says a lot about the fact that he is selling them faster than he can build them..knowing up front Jims expectations, we can measures ours accordingly and choose whether or not Ballistic boats are for you.
    Last edited by falconpilot; 03-23-2020 at 07:40 PM.

15. Banned
    No one is giving any attitude..every customer I speak with calls the shop and actually has a real conversation..I can’t advertise on here for al won’t let me promote so I abide by his rules..
    As far as the guy buying the 204 last year that was impossible for the mold wasnt even invented yet..
    I’m rather easy to get ahold of during normal business hours at night i generally do normal family things and don’t spend much time on social media or group forums
    Again my hands our tied on here I made a agreement with Mr.Sheilds until he says different I’m not allowed to advertise or promote

16. Member
    Falcon, I think you’re missing the point. Nobody cares if the boat is 18’ or 34’. And nobody cares if the model # is 204,270,308 and measured 12’. But what some of us are saying is don’t tell us it’s length is 20’4 when it’s really 21’7. The 20’ market is the best selling for a reason, it’s the most popular. And Jim can make what he wants, but we can buy what we want. We hear 20’4 and think it’s in the length we want. And then we have to all but pull the true length out with a wrecker truck that the boat is really not the posted length according to industry measurement standards. That’s all we’re saying. Call it 204 and post it’s 20’4, but put an asterisk and tell us the full length of the whole boat so we can make an accurate buying decision.

17. Member
    I don’t think there is any deceiving at all. The original post listed the boat as tip of bow to transom as 20’4”. The transom is inset. You are still shorter in overall storage length then Rangers flagship 520 by the time you add the jack plate and motor. The owner of Ballistic is building one of the nice boats on the market that is truly custom. Wish my funds could support a purchase but I do love seeing what is coming out of Idaho. If you are not happy with how it is measured move on and let the owner focus on people who appreciate what he’s making.

18. BBC SPONSOR
    Is the .223 measured the same way? No hate, just wondering is all. I never thought about either hull being measured like that until mentioned here.
    www.bassboatelectronics.com

2008 Bullet 21XRD
    2014 Merc 250 Pro XS

Knoxville, TN

19. Member
    The 223 measure 22'3" tip to tip...

20. BBC SPONSOR
    Thank you for the response!
    www.bassboatelectronics.com

2008 Bullet 21XRD
    2014 Merc 250 Pro XS