Thumbs Up Tackle prep and organization

Every year I try to get better with how I prepare & organize my tackle, so that I can make it easier to 1) keep everything organized throughout the season, 2) make it easy for myself or anyone else on the boat to find what they need (what is mine, is also yours, when you come fishing with me on my boat), and 3) make it easy to add new stuff throughout the season without creating another mess.

Very happy with my system I have for this year. I wasn't completely unorganized before, but what I had didn't leave room for expanding on what I owned, and finding specific stuff wasn't easy. I had some baits bunched up with others that didn't make sense, like some finesse baits with frogs for example. I don't have a metric ton of tackle like others do, but I don't exactly have a ton of space either to store a metric ton of tackle. Up until last year, I would carry literally all of the tackle that I owned in my boat all season long. I finally got to a point where I owned too much to do that, and I went overboard (if that's possible) last year with buying a ton of soft plastics to diversify what I throw. So, I had to yet again improve my tackle organization to make it easier to grab just what I needed for every trip. Hope someone finds this helpful, or at least interesting!

2. Member
    Nice. I ain't organized at all.

3. Member
    what's that weighted swimbait hook with the spinner blade?
    sorry can't add a pic of screen shot

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 250bassFL View Post
    Nice. I ain't organized at all.
    Thanks, and lol you're not alone, I've had a few people message me saying I've inspired them, and then they show the mess of their tackle. I've seen some truly horrifying things lately...

Quote Originally Posted by Neighbor View Post
    what's that weighted swimbait hook with the spinner blade?
    sorry can't add a pic of screen shot
    Owner Flashy Swimmers!

5. Member
    Thanks for posting. I love organizing tackle and looking at others organization and storage.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by madmurph View Post
    Thanks for posting. I love organizing tackle and looking at others organization and storage.
    You're welcome, thank you for watching it!

Nice job
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

8. Dogfish_Jones
    I boarder on OCD with my tackle in my boat. I have everything marked and put where I know where everything is. But, I can't never find my phone when I lay it down somewhere.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TMG View Post
    Nice job
    Thanks, Tim!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    I boarder on OCD with my tackle in my boat. I have everything marked and put where I know where everything is. But, I can't never find my phone when I lay it down somewhere.