Thread: Virus

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by granite View Post
    Do you not understand, or do you not care, that by ignoring the guidelines laid out by people who know what they're talking about that you are increasing the risk for everyone and likely increasing the spread and duration of the pandemic? That's a pretty selfish, ignorant attitude. I'm sure you believe in science when it's convenient for you, like everything involved in making your cell phone work, but when it becomes the slightest hardship on you then your true colors as a member of society begin to show . All about you.

We have 2 confirmed cases in a county of over 60k and they both got it while traveling. So, while the rest of America is acting like the sky is falling, y’all (you) tend to forget that there’s a whole bunch of America where this is just a minor thing still. There are thousands of towns in Texas that have ZERO cases of Covid 19. Anyways, I’m off to lick some doorknobs now...

Our town does have all the shutdown mandates, but apparently I’m “essential” to the Economy. How many people do you think I come in contact with everyday at a job site, it’s about zero.
    Last edited by grout-scout; 03-24-2020 at 08:26 PM.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I’m not scared, what the chicken littles fail to realize, is that nobody is leaving the earth alive. Death comes at some point for every living creature, deal with it.
    You are absolutely correct that at some point, we are all destined to die, which is what levels the playing field in all aspects. However, standing on the track in you truck to prove that you have a big pair, while the train is staring at you, only prove that you have a death wish.
    I have been beaten, stabbed, shot it, nearly blown to pieces, but I could see what I was fighting against, even in nearly impossible to move elephant grass or in the bush where everything in it wanted to kill me or eat me alive; we kept the team together and came out the other side of hell on earth. This crap now one can see it, except under a microscope, not a rifle scope, so the best intel says to spread out and watch your 6 is the best way to come out of the other side with the least amount of body bags, it is a good thing for all to do and kill this thing.

BTW, I live in rural Upshit NY, and we have 1K's in down state with many deaths running out of H supplies.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    You are absolutely correct that at some point, we are all destined to die, which is what levels the playing field in all aspects. However, standing on the track in you truck to prove that you have a big pair, while the train is staring at you, only prove that you have a death wish.
    I have been beaten, stabbed, shot it, nearly blown to pieces, but I could see what I was fighting against, even in nearly impossible to move elephant grass or in the bush where everything in it wanted to kill me or eat me alive; we kept the team together and came out the other side of hell on earth. This crap now one can see it, except under a microscope, not a rifle scope, so the best intel says to spread out and watch your 6 is the best way to come out of the other side with the least amount of body bags, it is a good thing for all to do and kill this thing.

yes sir and people are trying to do that here best as possible. Nobody wants to get this, but as you mentioned, it’s not like you can see it coming and that’s exactly why I said to Granite “stay home if you’re scared of getting it”. I’d venture to guess that you had a better chance of dying in war, than from this virus. The sky is not falling because of this. Think positive guys, quit watching the doomsday news stories.

4. Member
    Grout-scout
    You nailed it " The sky is not falling because of this." Think positive and remember that there is a lot of fake new and conspiracies at times like this. Remember that prior to the chinise virus, our market had pulled ahead of china, and in mid January when I sat down with my fiduciary financial advisor, he forecasted a strong 2020 with no recession in sight.
    I believe, that by the Grace of Christ, this crisis will make America more resolute and stronger than ever.
    Stay strong and be blessed.

5. Member
    Please guys.....do all you can to slow the spread of this virus!!! The life you save may be someone you love.

6. Member
    I think we just need to use some common sense, keep your distance, don't cough or sneeze on people, stay home if possible, just a little common sense...……...mean while I have decided to help the economy by picking up some Corona virus once a week, 12 at a time, the least I can do...……….And yes back sencos in muddy water!!!!!!

7. Member
    I was "social distancing" on Lake Lanier yesterday, and the spotted bass were "social distancing" themselves from me also.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    Not being mean but there are 20+ threads on this in the lounge section , I come on this to talk about witch senkos work best in muddy water .
    Then why did you take the time to comment?

9. Banned
    Not only there kids and think they are bullet proof coleges today are ruining them as well as many schools to the kids with indoctrinating them into a belief that they deserve everything free

I work at home full time now except for a trip into the office once in a while just to keep an eye on things (I am IT and Facilities).
    Last edited by Grizzly; 03-31-2020 at 06:34 AM.

11. Member
    yes sir and people are trying to do that here best as possible. Nobody wants to get this, but as you mentioned, it’s not like you can see it coming and that’s exactly why I said to Granite “stay home if you’re scared of getting it”. I’d venture to guess that you had a better chance of dying in war, than from this virus. The sky is not falling because of this. Think positive guys, quit watching the doomsday news stories.
    Thanks for arguing my point. The very fact that you CAN'T see it iS why you should assume it's in places you don't think it is. I shouldn't stay home because I'm scared of getting it, I should stay home because every time I go out I become a possible vector for the virus, increasing the likelihood of its spread and others getting it. Stop thinking with such a self-centered attitude and think more about society in general.
    Last edited by granite; 04-01-2020 at 11:36 AM.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by granite View Post
    Thanks for arguing my point. The very fact that you CAN'T see it it why you should assume it's in places you don't think it is. I shouldn't stay home because I'm scared of getting it, I should stay home because every time I go out I become a possible vector for the virus, increasing the likelihood of its spread and others getting it. Stop thinking with such a self-centered attitude and think more about society in general.

7 confirmed cases here now in a county of over 60k, all were contracted while traveling. Look at a Covid map and realize that it’s worse in some places, than it is in others. I’d love to stay home, not reality or possible for most people.

13. Member
    If it's not possible then it's not possible. If it's "la de frickin da, screw everybody else cuz this is cramping my style" then that's another thing.

14. Member
    7 confirmed cases here now in a county of over 60k, all were contracted while traveling. Look at a Covid map and realize that it’s worse in some places, than it is in others. I’d love to stay home, not reality or possible for most people.
    Scout
    Most places in NYS would be glad to say that they only had those numbers, but as of today NY city has over 1100 deaths with 79K confined in hospitals or otherwise. I pray that your Austin/ San Anto area never get hit like it is even in my county with 36 deaths and counting so far. Do the best you can to help in any way you can.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Scout
    Most places in NYS would be glad to say that they only had those numbers, but as of today NY city has over 1100 deaths with 79K confined in hospitals or otherwise. I pray that your Austin/ San Anto area never get hit like it is even in my county with 36 deaths and counting so far. Do the best you can to help in any way you can.

We are hoping for the best down here, our peak is supposedly expected around May (not sure why they say that far out though). The news says the next 2 weeks are going to be real bad in America.

16. Member
    Drinking more.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

I’m retired with a good pension revenue stream and assets, so financially it’s not an issue. From a lifestyle standpoint the changes are significant. We have stayed in mostly, but there are things we can do without interacting with others. We can boat and fish as long as we don’t travel to a point of staying in a hotel. They call this area Lake Country and Lake Fork is only 45 minutes away so that helps. We can still fly, but again can’t go where we need to stay overnight. We have a house at Galveston, but if we fly there we risk contact with an Uber or taxi so that’s not good.

We have three grown daughters with 9 grandkids and they are all staying hunkered down so we don’t get to see them.

The best news is that the boat on the lake is safe, and it’s a nice time of the year for it.

Everybody please stay safe.

18. Member
    I work in a hospital so it is affecting me a lot, we have had one death and a bunch of cases, we have over 60 cases in the county, my wife is on the verge of loosing her job and Bon Secours is laying off 700 people, you would think everyone in health care would be safe with their job, but not so much. Put everything in GOD's hands and go from there.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDiagMan View Post
    I’m retired with a good pension revenue stream and assets,.........

We have three grown daughters with 9 grandkids and they are all staying hunkered down so we don’t get to see them.
    The best news is that the boat on the lake is safe, and it’s a nice time of the year for it.

Everybody please stay safe.
    There by the grace of Jesus Christ, is a very blessed man! Be smart, be well, and stay healthy.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter35745 View Post
    I work in a hospital so it is affecting me a lot, we have had one death and a bunch of cases, we have over 60 cases in the county, my wife is on the verge of loosing her job and Bon Secours is laying off 700 people, you would think everyone in health care would be safe with their job, but not so much. Put everything in GOD's hands and go from there.
    Thank you for your hard work and risk in helping others, and have your wife file for unemployment immediately if she does loose her job. NYS governor is asking for help for medical staff from other states, but you do not want to be in NYC right now at any price.
    Nevertheless, you nailed it in your closing paragraph.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast