Warriors on the Water update

So it's looking like we may have to postpone or cancel this years WOW event, restrictions on Ft. Bragg will not allow us to have the Icebreaker and I'm pretty sure the Army would not allow soldiers to participate even if we didn't have the Icebreaker. We are thinking about trying to have it in the fall, maybe sometime in October. So check your calendars and see what dates might work. There hasn't been a definite decision made but unless something happens pretty quick we're fairly sure it won't happen in May!!
    David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE
    Tournament Director / Warriors on the Water

2. Banned
    Talked with my daughter about a hour ago and things are not great now at Bragg. All agents are asked to stay home and clear unless cleared thru levels.

3. Member
    With all this serious Virus event going on across the country guess expected this to take place. It is the safest call to make.

Bummer but understanable.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

My calendar is wide open in October. I'm assuming Shawna will send an email as soon as the decision is made or new date is put out. I'd rather not have to go through the registration process again.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
    My calendar is wide open in October. I'm assuming Shawna will send an email as soon as the decision is made or new date is put out. I'd rather not have to go through the registration process again.
    We'll have a meeting soon to decide what we will do, that info will be forwarded to boaters, volunteers and sponsors.
    David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE

Quote Originally Posted by dk239 View Post
    We'll have a meeting soon to decide what we will do, that info will be forwarded to boaters, volunteers and sponsors.
    Gtg, thanks David.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

We had a meeting tonight to discuss this years Warriors on the Water. The committee has decided the best thing is to cancel this years event and have it next year. ��
    David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE

Thanks for the update. Tough times indeed.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Just got Shawna's email. Well it'll be a chance to get a better launch number. Only about 5.5 months away.
    2016 Nitro Z21

I have not got an email from Shawna.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

Quote Originally Posted by My Email
    Our committee met last night to decide on this years tournament status. With so much uncertainty from each day we have decided to cancel this years tournament. There was some discussion about postponing until later in the year, however with so much uncertainty we quickly realized that was not the best option.

We feel we have made the best decision we could for everyone involved in this event. With that being said, we do plan to have the tournament in 2021! We do not have a date yet so once we do, you will be notified through email and social media.

The sign ups will be on Sept 11 just like always so don't forget to sign up for next years tournament!

We appreciate your understanding since this was not an easy decision for us to make!

Thanks again for your support!

That's the email I received.
    2016 Nitro Z21

13. Banned
    Got mine Tuesday also from her.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
    That's the email I received.
    Thanks brother.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS