Thread: BalzOut Mounts

BalzOut Mounts

I recently added a second unit to have at the console. It will now have two HDS 9’s instead of just the one. When I just had the one, I had it mounted on a RAM mount. Not sure on the size but it’s a big one. Has to be a 3” or bigger ball. Anyways, I bought another mount that allows me to mount both units on top of each other on the RAM mount. But after looking at it, my concern is that the weight of them will not allow the RAM to hold them in place.

So that brings me to the BalzOut. It looks very sturdy but I have no experience with them. Does anyone know how sturdy they are? Do you think that it would move under the weight of two units?

By the way, I am aware that I can mount a unit on the console itself but, at the moment, that is not a route I want to take. Maybe down the road, though.
    2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest

2. Member
    BalzOut mounts are as strong as they come, you will not be disappointed. Great company to deal with also.

3. Banned
    They are great, I love them but the trend seems to be raised brackets attached to the console and above the trolling pedal tray

4. Member
    They are solid and will not move when tightened down nor will they come loose

5. Member
    +1 on above comments.
    I used to have a Ram mount at the bow and every trip across the main channel on Jocassee, the screen of my graph would be bouncing off the trolling motor foot pedal no matter how tight it was. Got sick of it.
    That ended with the Balzout. They are machined and anodized aluminum with a ball and socket design. They won't slip. If you're using a single mount to hold 2 graphs, you might want to reinforce the base mounting surface.

IMG_7289.jpgIMG_7292.jpg
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

Thanks guys! If I end up switching something, I think I’ll give this a try.

Get one! I just got one last year. One of the best purchases I've ever made for my boat. Seriously, it's a no brainier. Worth every penny.
    I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

I guess while we are talking about them, anyone know where to get the best deal on one?

Watch about 3/4 of the way through. That sounds like the set up you are wanting. Its a balzout mount.

10. Member
    Love my balzout mount

Quote Originally Posted by RazorShine View Post
    Watch about 3/4 of the way through. That sounds like the set up you are wanting. Its a balzout mount.
    That’s exactly what I’m looking for! The bracket that stacked the units is the same one I have.

12. Member
    Have a 9 inch Balfour with helix 12 mounted. Only thing is when idling around , mainly just above idle, it will shake to where you need to hold with one hand to remove. Very aggravating.

I ordered a Balzout for a customer last week, and used it on his install. Its the absolute strongest mount I have used! Great product!!

1999 Triton TR-19 PDC
    1999 Mercury 175 EFI
    25P Tempest Prop-worked by Croxton
    Minnkota Ultrex 80
    Humminbird Helix 9 MDI Bow
    Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI Bow
    Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI Console
    Humminbird Helix 5
    Humminbird Mega 360
    Mega Live
    8in Vance MFG. jack plate
    2 10ft Minnkota Raptors

Only issue i have with my balzout is you cant tweak it just a little- it has to go into one of the detents and it seems like i always need it between detents. But man o man is it solid. Itll hold a screen at 100 where a ram wont even think about that.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

I made a double mount on a Kong mount and it has been rock solid.

Doug Vahrenberg did a video on it here:

I have a Balzout mount up front. It's a twelve inch with a six inch extension and holds a nine inch Humminbird very well even when fully extended.
    It's pretty solid too but I think the Kong is another level up.
    "If It Ain't Broke, You're Not Trying"- Red Green

16. Member
    I see so many boats with double 9's or even 12's on the console side by side, my concern is blocking vision, now to be fair I am vertically challenged ( 5' 6" ). Sometimes just looking ahead is a concern. The concern is what if you T-bone something because you didn't see them. Will the authorities ram it to you for impared frontal vision? just curious

17. Member
    Can you easily remove the graphs from a balzout like you can with a ram? I take mine off each trip.

18. Member
    Very good mounts. Just remember they don’t have infinite adjustment like a ram. Find the best position for the unit before you mount the arm.