Big fish potential

Hey all. I always plan a trip to Newton this time of year. It's been 12 years now. With the state's closure, I'm forced to stay home or make an effort to salvage some pre-spawn time. Newton always has big fish potential, so I'm looking to try to find water that's similar (within 4 hrs). I'm considering Springfield (more numbers I guess as not many big fish are caught here), Jacksonville, Geist (Indianapolis), Lost Grove (Iowa), etc. Feel free to PM me if you'd rather not disclose certain information. Just wanted to put something together for a small group, otherwise just a friend and me for a couple days. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

2. Member
    Might be a little farther than you'd like but Crab orchard has some big ones not as good for numbers but has some toads for sure

3. Member
    Started spending some time fishing natural, northern Indiana lakes last year or two...post on Indiana forum for some input on some opportunities of those...chasing bigger smallies might be an option...can get to Michigan pretty quickly too...Gull lake maybe i think...this situation is definitely causing us to rethink things...sucks...lots of early spring made plans being cancelled
    Last edited by ToyotaKev; 03-17-2020 at 06:36 PM. Reason: adding

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova