Thread: Bent Blade?

Bent Blade?

Spinning my prop in the garage and notices 1 blade sticks about 1/4" more than the other 2 (90 HP Mercury) . Can't fell and vibration when running but I think I should have it checked. I'm in Va. any recommendations on a good prop shop? Near Smith Mountian Lake.

Local is not always the best choice. I would box it up and send it to Mark Croxton. His info is below.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Croxton
    2000 Ranger 520DVX 225hpdi

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrasport80 View Post
    Spinning my prop in the garage and notices 1 blade sticks about 1/4" more than the other 2 (90 HP Mercury) . Can't fell and vibration when running but I think I should have it checked. I'm in Va. any recommendations on a good prop shop? Near Smith Mountian Lake.
    Since you don't feel any vibration when running, are you sure that this particular blade is 1/4" out more than the other 2? and is not just a visual illusion, especially if it is stainless?
    Did you remove the prop and check it on a flat surface? with individual measurements. BTW, is the prop aluminium or stainless?

Unless your local shop's name is Spinelli Bros., I won't trust anyone else but Mark Croxton.