Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I wish they would extend the April 15th tax deadline so I can quit working overtime and go fishing.

P01135809

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AirForceAngler View Post
    Sorry for your son but that's not quite fair to the company. There's a difference between not making money and losing money.
    get real dude , you don't have a clue it's a pretty decent size business they could have paid people for a while not bailed immediately like most companies are doing.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    get real dude , you don't have a clue it's a pretty decent size business they could have paid people for a while not bailed immediately like most companies are doing.
    What it looks from the outside doesnt always mean it looks.good from the inside.

I'm self employed. The condo complex where I'm in the middle of a pretty expensive condo remodel shut today for 2 weeks. Non-residents actually needed to be out Friday at 4pm. I won't get any money from that job as electrical, plumbing and drywall were supposed to be completed with-in that 2 weeks and a progress payment due.
    I do have some small jobs to fill but most are 1/2 day or 1 day jobs.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Mitt Romney is proposing to give every US adult $1,000.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fox6now...e-measure/amp/
    I am all for helping people, but I am definitely not for sending $1000 to every adult in the United States. Send it to those who need it, don’t send anybody that does not. In fact, send more to those who need it, don’t send to anybody who does not need it. I remember the federal government subsidizing farmers, some who were broke, some who were multi millionaires, it made no sense.

6. Member
    This whole situation does not look good in any fashion economically. Prayers for all.
    Praying for a Cure

7. Member
    If they give $1000 it gets spent. April 2021 the government asks for $300 of it back

8. Member
    My work, fortunately, is business as usual...and likely will remain that way.

Hopefully, everyone that isn't affected, continues supporting their local economies as they did last month. Gonna be some hard times for a lot of hard working people.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman View Post
    Egg houses. Not home.
    Yep Cool cells, sodium lights and fans do eat up killo watts
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

10. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Lets put this thread in some perspective. We are basically 2 days into this whole thing. Where will we be in 30 days, 60 days, and even more
    Thanos was the hero

Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    You're sharper than Mitt Romney, I'll tell you that.

Quote Originally Posted by RFeyoMN View Post
    My work, fortunately, is business as usual...and likely will remain that way.

Hopefully, everyone that isn't affected, continues supporting their local economies as they did last month. Gonna be some hard times for a lot of hard working people.
    Same here for me also they have had some people finally start working from home but what I do that won't happen

Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but how can the gov't "give" us anything that it didn't first take from us?

I guess it could possibly be a situation of just allowing us to keep more of what was ours to begin with.
    Romney is proposing giving us money that was ours in the first place. Some more than others. And the payroll tax proposed by the administration doesn’t really work if there is no payroll or paychecks. Any assistance I’m sure would be greatly appreciated though.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

14. Member
    My youngest son just closed on his new home last Thursday. He works for a company that provides all the graphics and production support for the NHL, NBA, NASCAR and the NFL. The closing down of the seasons in all those sports is having a direct effect on his job. Yesterday he was told, along with all other employees, that their hours have been cut back to 30 per week. He called the wife and I in a dead panic yesterday evening. We calmed him down and told him that we would help him if we needed to.

Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    Lets put this thread in some perspective. We are basically 2 days into this whole thing. Where will we be in 30 days, 60 days, and even more
    In a lot worse shape than if we had the virus
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Dude 365 View Post
    I work as a stagehand so yeah....
    I am a logistics manager for a stage lighting rental company. The whole event production business has pretty much shut down. So far my company is staying open but we are keeping the employees to 40hrs for as long as we can. At this point there is nothing to prep or tech so it’s just repairs and busy work. Hell, I sanded the picnic tables down yesterday so I can re-stain them.
    Good luck brother!

17. Member
    I will probably get laid off but believe it will only be temporary. My wife is a RN. They asked for volunteers yesterday to work in icu. Pay will be almost double the normal rate. She is going to get all the hrs she wants unfortunately. God speed everyone.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    Romney is proposing giving us money that was ours in the first place. Some more than others. And the payroll tax proposed by the administration doesn’t really work if there is no payroll or paychecks. Any assistance I’m sure would be greatly appreciated though.
    Negative, its all borrowed money.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edwonbass View Post
    I am a logistics manager for a stage lighting rental company. The whole event production business has pretty much shut down. So far my company is staying open but we are keeping the employees to 40hrs for as long as we can. At this point there is nothing to prep or tech so it’s just repairs and busy work. Hell, I sanded the picnic tables down yesterday so I can re-stain them.
    Good luck brother!
    Its a shame more companies dosent think this way. Even restaurants/bars could use a major scrubbing, inside and out.

Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but how can the gov't "give" us anything that it didn't first take from us?

I guess it could possibly be a situation of just allowing us to keep more of what was ours to begin with.
    That haven't taken that from us yet, it will go on the nations credit card. The yet to be born will be the ones paying for it.

Heck, they are talking about a payroll tax cut. So any new spending programs are basically the govt. printing money. Hopefully it is beneficial. If not, then we are creating more problems.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast