Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Flash - 4 stroke. Does anyone know that has done the flash

It seems that someone must have, but I have not seen any comments yet. Thanks

2. Member
    There’s a thread on the tin boat section where a 75 hp 4s was flashed, don’t know what hp you are asking about.
    2020 Ranger RT 198p, Mercury 150 HP 4 stroke, Minn Kota 80# Fortrex

3. Member
    Not to hijack the thread but would like to know if anyone has flashed a 200 Pro XS 4.6 ?
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

4. Member
    Sorry, guess I should been more clear - looking for real world results for the 225 Pro XS and 250 Pro XS on glass bass boats.

Quote Originally Posted by MengRanger View Post
    Sorry, guess I should been more clear - looking for real world results for the 225 Pro XS and 250 Pro XS on glass bass boats.
    Following..
    I didn't know anyone was doing it yet....Where can you get a flash done.
    I'm sure it obviously voids the warranty. I also know that to some that's not a concern...

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Following..
    I didn't know anyone was doing it yet....Where can you get a flash done.
    I'm sure it obviously voids the warranty. I also know that to some that's not a concern...
    Looks like Simon Motorsports is.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    In many cases there are differences in the engines- meaning that any change to the fuel mapping creates an improper fuel ratio (which the O2 sensor signals, causing the PCM to trim the fuel delivery and over-riding the new MAP tables).

Additionally, Mercury has issued a Service Bulletin on this topic outlining their position and intended actions (Service Bulletin 2019-08).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Mercury has also notified pro team members that it will void warranty and you will be removed from the pro staff

9. Member
    Where could we view this bulletin.

10. Member
    following
    Denali 1500 baby duramax
    2023 ranger 620 pro xs

11. Member
    It is actually none of my business....but.....most people that buy a boat max out the HP and if you flash it you are beyond the Max HP. Insurance will not cover you. You may actually be more liable in the event of an accident or you could damage your boat in the process. If you lie to the insurance and get caught you will null the claim and face insurance fraud. Same thing applies to the warranty on your boat. If you have an accident and injure/kill someone and lie and get caught then charges will go up and negligence will include jail time. Where is the win in this situation? 5 miles per an hour? I have a boat rated for 300HP because I wanted to get a 300HP engine......If you are flashing and exceeding the recommended HP then you are asking for more trouble down the road if a mishap occurs with the engine or life and limb. Just me thinking out loud. I am also super surprised that any company is willing to flash an engine without verifying that it will not exceed coast guard recommendations for the hull it is mounted to.
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockYScouT View Post
    Where could we view this bulletin.
    Your local Mercury Dealer should have a copy.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

13. Member
    I believe someone on the Gambler Boat forum has done that on a 200..

14. Member
    I had Simons flash my 150 Verado a year ago. Engine runs great, only problem is the need to buy new props. I don't know what my max RPM is since I hold it back to 6500 (rev. limiter set at 6700). Picked up a 20P Rev 4 last fall to try soon.
    Ches.
    2013 Lund 2010 Pro Guide, 150 Verado SN:2B024387
    2X Helix 12's Mega G2N's, Lvl. 2 Merc Monitor

15. Member
    Some of our Bass Boats don't have labeled HP restrictions and are considered to be unlimited. May not be the smartest but that's the way it is.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

Quote Originally Posted by tlt20xd View Post
    Some of our Bass Boats don't have labeled HP restrictions and are considered to be unlimited. May not be the smartest but that's the way it is.
    Guess I miss your point>

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Guess I miss your point>
    I think that was in response to Elwood's post about flashing a motor and then exceeding the max HP. Not an issue if the boat has no max HP.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

18. Member
    Yes that was in response to Elwoods post. Didnt mean anything by it but the obvious on the high horsepower hulls.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

19. Member
    I actually thought I had deleted the post as it ruffled a few feathers and it is none of my business what people do until it effects me or my family. No HP max is no worries. I was just pointing out some of the implications that could be faced if an accident or mechanical incident occurred.

Tight Line Brothers
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

Like to think I have more sense than money LOL--- Theres no way I would flash a motor still in warranty! Thats not to say I wont be tempted to flash this 250R once it's out... Dependent on what the success vs failure reports say in a few years. Or when I ever get passed in a tourney.
    If one is truly obsessed with going faster -- trade boats ! -- JMO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast