New upgrades to the my Sportsman

Decided it was time to do some additions and upgrades to my 1710. Replaced the Ti 9" unit at the console with a Ti2 12". Added a Ti2 9" at the bow. Installed a 8ft. power pole series II on the port side. Added a pair of rod tie down straps to the back deck as well. Now to find some time and good weather to go play with these new toys. I am finding that I am spending more time in my tin boat then my glass boat so it got the new upgrades first.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

2. LDraper
    I've added some things to mine as well...Sonic Hub, Bluewater LED's and I have a Point One Antenna on the way. Always fun to tinker with stuff.

3. Member
    How did you mount the PowerPole? Why did you choose the eight foot model? Why did you mount it on the Port side as a single? Can you post some pics please? I'm waiting for my Helix 10 Mega SI to come in, I'll have one up front, one at the console with a Helix 7 SI as my back-up and map / route / waypoint display. I haven't added a Power Pole on my Sportsman 1910 yet because it feels like I sit aft low as it is. Would really like to see how a 1710 sir in the water with a PP mounted.
    Stuck with a G3 Sportsman 1910 - Yamaha 150 - Helix 10 Mega Si - Helix 7 SI - Ultrex

4. Member
    The power pole was mounted with a off set mounting bracket that is made by PP. I chose the 8ft. model due to a lot of the waters I fish are shallow backwaters and tidal creeks. I choose the Sportsman II model due to it's lighter weight then the Blade series. With the PP being mounted on the port side it will not be in the way if I have someone fishing in the back. Everyone I fish with is right handed. I hope to have it on the water next week. If you will pm me a cell number I will send you some pics.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

5. Member

G3 Sportman 17

Don't have pic sitting in water, but it sits fine and there is not wash over coming off of plane. Also, on tip that might be of interest, I had a SS wedge fabricated and I attached it to the under side of the cavitation plate. A trick I was shown years ago to manage porpoising when you don't want a hydra foil wing on your boat.
    Attached Images Attached Images