Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Just could be a good time to try the Mississippi ...... although the weather reports I saw last night are calling for a cold weekend and then a week of rain. I'll be sitting it out but young bucks are always welcome there.

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    I've got a Federation tourny at Egypt this weekend (3/21). Spoke to the TD today and lake is still open and tourney is still a go.
    Might want to look at their website: In the interest of ensuring the safety of our competitors, parents and volunteers, the IBN will be cancelling this month’s fishing events for all levels. This includes the Team Series, High School and Junior events scheduled for Lake of Egypt and Crab Orchard.

Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    Might want to look at their website: In the interest of ensuring the safety of our competitors, parents and volunteers, the IBN will be cancelling this month’s fishing events for all levels. This includes the Team Series, High School and Junior events scheduled for Lake of Egypt and Crab Orchard.
    Thanks Ed. That website is for Illinois Bass Nation. The tournament that is this weekend on Egypt is Illinois Bass Federation. I actually just got off the phone with the TD, Joe Snyder and the tournament IS still going to happen. They have canceled the pre tourny meeting to avoid a large gathering and they will be texting us on Saturday evening after practice to give us our Co-anglers name and contact information.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I'm not sure about Desplaines or Kankakee?
    Three River Marina and the Big Basin Marina ramps are open. Des Plaines Conservation Area on the Kankakee and Stratton Park in Morris would be CLOSED
    Michael J. Koenig

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    Thanks Ed. That website is for Illinois Bass Nation. The tournament that is this weekend on Egypt is Illinois Bass Federation. I actually just got off the phone with the TD, Joe Snyder and the tournament IS still going to happen. They have canceled the pre tourny meeting to avoid a large gathering and they will be texting us on Saturday evening after practice to give us our Co-anglers name and contact information.
    Oops, I got confused as it used to be called the BASS Federation Nation and now it is just BASS NAtion and another organization has the Bass Federation.

I've got a kayak...no need for ramps anyway :) But in all seriousness I believe most Forest Preserves should still be open. Only the major lakes listed on the DNR site should be closed.

7. Member
    But in all seriousness I believe most Forest Preserves should still be open. Only the major lakes listed on the DNR site should be closed.

Seems to be quite a hodge podge group of responses from various locations and various agencies.

The press releases are few and the word of the day seems to be "ambiguous".

No clear guidance because some facilities have gathering areas adjacent to water facilities which are governed by local or state or Army Corps of Engineers or multiple agencies.

Hopefully the network of people local to the facilities can help us all in deciding on trips.

Quote Originally Posted by fluke1987 View Post
    I've got a kayak...no need for ramps anyway :) But in all seriousness I believe most Forest Preserves should still be open. Only the major lakes listed on the DNR site should be closed.
    es
    Forest Preserves are open. I went by two parking areas today and both were open. Local city-owned lake was open too. Michigan just announced that their boat launch would remain open and you do not need the new launch permit. I think the same is the case for Indiana.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

9. Member
    I was told today that the twin lakes in Paris and mill creek are still open for now. Like was posted before, best bet is to call before making the drive
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

10. Member
    As helpful as this thread is, I fear it's moot as I'm under the impression that we'll be faced with a shelter in place order.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by purduephigam View Post
    As helpful as this thread is, I fear it's moot as I'm under the impression that we'll be faced with a shelter in place order.
    Unfortunately, I’m hearing the same thing
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

12. Member
    Well S.O.B.

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

13. Member
    I saw foursomes golfing today. We can't fish? WTF
    Please release me,let me go.

14. Member
    Pritzker mentioned being able to go for a walk or run, visiting parks, etc. I'm not sure how this is any different. I likely won't make a hotel stay out of it but certainly a day trip somewhere close that chooses to remain open. If a police officer tells me to go home, then I guess I'll have no choice. Otherwise I'd like to think me and my dog won't be a threat to anyone.

15. Member
    I was completely confused by the announcement. What’s the point of telling people to stay home and then say they can go to the parks and whatever?? It all kinda contradicted itself

I would think that being in the woods or out on the lake would be one of the safest places a person could be. It seem we have a bunch of city slickers in charge and have no clue about enjoying the peaceful and secluded time out on the lake. If I can get the boat launched, they will have to come out on the lake and get me to leave. Tight Lines to all....
    Veteran 82nd Airborne Division " ALL THE WAY "

Lake of Egypt is open. I talked to the engineer and he said they have no plans on shutting it down.

18. Member
    Apparently Springfield is closed, despite it being privately owned. Still waiting to hear back from Jacksonville. Doesn't seem like there's much option for us northern Illinois guys.

19. Member
    Kinkaid?

Is newton open?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast