Schluter Kerdi shower system

Anyone have experience with this system? We are doing a bathroom remodel and have purchased a kit but not sure how difficult the install is. I was going to have our tile guy do it but he’s way behind on another job and I got to thinking I may just try and get some more progress made and possibly save a few bucks.
    2020 Caymas CX21 Pro
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Serial# 2B686100

It's easy to do. Just follow the manufacture directions and you'll be fine.

One thing to note is your tile will sound and feel "hollow". If you knock on the tile when after you're done it won't sound like it's on a solid base. Which it's not.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

These systems are the best. Install "looks" easy, but I have watched an episode or 2 of Holmes on Holmes Our last bathroom remodel, we had this put in. The way they overlap all the waterproofing membrane it should last a long, long time. There's a ton of videos out there on how to do the install.

4. Matt20xd
    As anything else read ALL the directions first. Also alot of YouTube video by Schluter out there.
    Also if your not going to set the tile as well better check with installer first on you doing prep work. I never set tile to an area someone else has prepped.

5. Member
    I just finished a shower with Goboard by Johns Mansfield. Got it at lowes. most pulled the trigger on the Wedi system but ran into GoBoard. Goboard was far less money, super easy to work with. So far so good. I prepped the Shower and had a friend tile it. HE an my other contractor friends are now going with GO board having seen it in person.

The stuff is lightweight, you can carry several sheets in one hand. It cuts easier than sheetrock, Score and snap. I went with a fiberglass shower pan, I also framed in a niche and lined it with Goboard. Cant say enough about this stuff. Oh I also did a water test on it, the drop of water I put on it lasted over a day, I think it actually evaporated but never sunk in. Lots on good videos out there.

Goo d luck with you decision.

6. Matt20xd
    Yea go board is a good product but has a ton of fiberglass in it. Stuff is not good on the lungs and itches like hell. How did you waterproof all your seams?
    Another reason I have moved to schluter is you can do an entire project with one company setting materials. So if something does come up there is no finger pointing saying the other guys stuff caused the failure.