Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar

Who has started shed hunting?

I went Friday, but all the antlers I saw were still on bucks heads. I saw 5 bucks still packing racks, including a real nice one.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Up to 15 and 5 dead heads. I too have seen a couple of bucks still sporting head gear. Low stress winter, no early sheds. Harsh winters I'm finding sheds from late December on. Not this year. Talked to a guy from Missouri, he too is still seeing antlered bucks.

3. Member
    We usually find sheds in the late summer with the tractor tires.

4. Member
    Looked in one of our fields, nothing. Might go through a couple bedding areas next trip I go.

Just found the other side to one I found last year. Bout 1/2 mi apart. Surprisingly its not gnawed up too bad.

6. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Almost that time here for me. Saw a buck out back with head gear last week. Weird winter

7. Member
    Found one in a little 2 acre wheat/oats food plot I planted behind the house.

8. Banned

Sheds 2020

Found the one on the left today,that's his some side last year as well
    Attached Images Attached Images

me and my buddy, and my dogs, are up to 48 for the year. have a couple of farms to walk yet and a couple we will ReWalk that we felt we didn't find what we should have. We originally set 30 for a goal and after we hit that we doubled it to 60. Not sure if we will get there or not? Has been an incredible year for sure. My step dad sent me a pic from yesterday with a real nice 8 point still carrying both sides.

10. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    I found one Sunday.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

11. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Covered about 150 acres so far and haven’t found a shed or a morell

12. Member
    I have not found any yet. They have started shedding them here. This pic was from 2 weeks ago.

03180880.JPG

Up to 64 now. Still have some stuff we want to cover. Found 6 weekend before last on two rewalks. Three likely there the first time and three late drops. April 21 saw a very nice deer still carrying both sides. That was reason we didn’t the one rewalk. Didn’t find his but found the 3 later drops in that woods. Maybe get to 70??

14. Member
    Look at the BASS website and checkout that truckbed of elk antlers that Clifford Pirch found.

17 this year so far. Worst year in a long time for me. I don't know if that many deer were lost due to ehd or what the deal is. Some of the dead heads I found were obvious ehd deer. Talked to some others and they too found an alarming amount of dead heads. Less bucks = less sheds, makes sense. Hopefully next year will be better, I need some more to pile up in my garage and trip over and cuss out.