Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    How is side to side stability when moving around in the boat?

pretty darn stable. No complaints. Seriously- go try one for yourself. For the money it’s the most bang for the buck.
    Vexus AVX 1880
    Pro XS 115
    6” MJP
    Garmin 94SV’s
    Force TM

3. Member
    I would love to get out on the water in one. Dealers are roughly 3 hours any direction from me. I have made a trip to look at the Vexus 1880 and the Ranger RT 188p up close. Nothing beats riding/fishing out of one before you buy.

4. Member
    Honestly, you won't get a better aluminum boat than Vexus. With the exception of maybe Xpress (and SeaArk?) I looked at most popular brands and there was no comparison.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Scott View Post
    How is side to side stability when moving around in the boat?
    You can't feel someone moving around in the back deck unless they purposely jump up and down on the deck, like a friend of mine does to mess with me.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

6. Member
    How is the width on the front deck? They look narrow especially if considering 2 seats up front for those crappie days that are in my future. I am considering the ranger RT188 or 188p for this reason, but sounds like lots of hull issues?

Bow has plenty of room for me but I bass fish. If you want to sit side by side and crappie fish I’d take a look at the Vexus avx 189 or 189C. The 189 has the square bow like the Ranger RT.
    Vexus AVX 1880
    Pro XS 115
    6” MJP
    Garmin 94SV’s
    Force TM

8. Member
    Does the 189 have a pad hull? I will bass fish as long as I can but this will be the last boat so I was just thinking ahead when I made the crappie commnent.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot View Post
    How is the width on the front deck? They look narrow especially if considering 2 seats up front for those crappie days that are in my future. I am considering the ranger RT188 or 188p for this reason, but sounds like lots of hull issues?
    Take a look at both side by side. I was also considering a RT188 , but when I looked at them side by side, I never gave Ranger another thought. I'm not knocking Ranger, but it is what it is.

Yep. Go to their website and check it out. Vexusboats.com.
    Vexus AVX 1880
    Pro XS 115
    6” MJP
    Garmin 94SV’s
    Force TM

11. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot View Post
    Does the 189 have a pad hull? I will bass fish as long as I can but this will be the last boat so I was just thinking ahead when I made the crappie commnent.
    yes the AVX189 has a pad hull.

12. Member
    I'm also transitioning from bass to crappie fishing and I looked hard at the 189C when it came out. I ended up getting an 1880 because it is a better built boat and will perform better on the water. I just did the 2 hour break in on the Mercury and I like it so far. Hoping to get some serious fishing time in it over the next few weeks so I'll update then.
    "Now that's some high quality H2O"

13. Member
    How many 3700 Plano's can you fit in the two rear storage bins?

14. Member
    I bit more information after 4 trips out with. Yes the wind thing. It's ok if you stay on the TM, or set the autopilot. And backing up is tough. I have no problem with the height in the front. Lots of storage and so far it's all dry. Rides great, performance is great, jumps out of the hole and getting 53mph with 2 of us and a 1/2 tank of gas and full tackle load. Very stable.
    The one thing I would love is a built in cooler. But I knew that going in.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    Im not sure if any of the tin guys have tried this. I see many boaters do not do this when idling in reverse.
    Trim the engine way up until prop is just under water. This makes a night and day difference in steering response while in reverse.
    You can adjust the trim to where the boat responds the best.
    Yea - good way to flood the back of your tin boat. Bad idea

Trim my engine every time I’m backing and no water intrusion issues whatsoever.
    Vexus AVX 1880
    Pro XS 115
    6” MJP
    Garmin 94SV’s
    Force TM

17. Member
    I trim mine also and no water over back of boat does help it steer better in reverse I've also found out if you trim motor down right before slowing down no water comes over back too makes a big difference than just letting off throttle to stop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12