Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff73 View Post
    Yes, I made sure the speed of the sweep I could see on the Helix correlated with the actual rotation of the Mega 360 itself. I changed the sweep speed from 1-6 and the speed of the 360 rotation seemed to correlate.
    As an interesting side note, as I was doing all of this I noticed one small return on the helix. I started looking closely at the bucket and noticed it had a shelf about 2 inches high built into the bucket on one side at the bottom. I could actually rotate the bucket and verify that its position was changing on the screen of the Helix. Went back to the lake feeling really positive it was going to work after the bucket test and still nothing.
    I still haven’t heard back from Humminbird after sending the pictures to the engineers on Monday but I’ll let everyone know what they figure out.
    Any update on this?

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

2. Member
    Humminbird sent me a new adapter cable, still no improvement. Ended up plugging the Mega 360 into the second bow unit with the new adapter cable and the Mega 360 now works flawlessly. I plugged the MDI transducer into the other bow unit and now it’s doing the same thing the Mega 360 was doing.
    I’m sending the Helix 10 in to Humminbird for analysis this week. Not really sure what’s going on with it since it’s a brand new unit that was purchased and mounted for when the Mega 360 arrived. I’ll keep everyone updated.
    The Mega 360 has worked so well for me that I really don’t even need a second unit on the bow anymore so I’m not really too disappointed about having to send that second unit in for service. The Mega 360 has really reduced my dependence on a GPS map on the bow and honestly I could do without down imaging for the type fishing I’m doing right now. I find myself glancing at the 360 display to pick out where I cast next as I’m retrieving my last cast. Maybe the fish are just really biting well right now or maybe it’s the Mega 360 making my casts more efficient, either way, I’m really happy I added the Mega 360 to my boat.

3. Member
    I was informed by HB when I called today, they aren’t accepting any returns for next 2-3 weeks. Give them a call.

4. Member
    You are correct, no returns right now. Asked me to check back with them on April 20th.

5. Member
    Interesting I got the same issue it seems

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12