Thread: State parks

State parks

I fully expect our governor to keep our parks open!
    Being outside helps everything!
    I will call his office Mon am, to voice my opinion!

2. Member
    We get a lot of virus cases and they will shut everything down. We may not even be able to use the state ramps on the big lakes. We will know in a couple of weeks. I also think lakes like Lemon and West Boggs owned by municipalities will probably be off limits as they will not want the liability of contributing the spread of the Hunan Corona Virus. Just have to cross our fingers and wait and see.

3. Member
    They are canceling some cabin rentals and refunding money at Shakamak St. Park as I hear one report on that.

COVID-19: DNR Response

The Indiana Department of Natural Resources is committed to ensuring that our guests and staff continue to have safe and memorable outdoor experiences at our state parks, state forests, fish and wildlife areas, nature preserves and state recreation areas in light of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are following the lead of the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) and many local county health departments as we monitor the virus and its potential impacts on DNR properties.
    Read More

• Our facilities and services are currently open for public use as normal for this time of year. We will implement recommendations from local county health departments and the Indiana State Department of Health and will follow other directives from the State of Indiana regarding any future closures or cancellation and rescheduling of events. Notifications of any changes will be provided directly to guests and groups with reservations, and added to our property advisories webpage and the DNR calendar.
    • We follow established protocols for cleaning and sanitizing all contact surfaces at inns, cabins, public restrooms, nature centers and other DNR facilities and will continue to do so. Restrooms and showers are cleaned daily or more often based on use, and we are monitoring in case we need to increase frequency. Inn rooms and cabins are always cleaned between each guest stay.
    • We are committed to waiving fees for cancellations or transfers of reservations and to issuing refunds as requested for inn rooms, campsites, cabins, group camps or other facilities held through April 30, 2020, due to concern over the COVID-19 virus. This time frame may be extended as the COVID-19 status evolves.
    • We continue to recruit and hire workers for the 2020 recreation season at all DNR properties and at our Indiana State Park Inns. Information about available positions may be found at workforindiana.IN.gov.
    • We encourage all Hoosiers to practice the guidelines provided by ISDH for preparation for, protection from, and response to potential symptoms of COVID-19. These include:
      • Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
      • Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
      • Stay home when you are sick.
      • Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
      • Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
      • Avoid close contact with people who are sick.

Download a printable factsheet with additional information from CDC at

4. Member
    Keep the outdoors open!
    Brookville has some free ramps, thankfully.

5. Member
    Which ramps are free ramps at Brookville?

6. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    Which ramps are free ramps at Brookville?
    Hanna Creek has someone checking for launch stickers starting in May usually. Fairfield ramp is free as is Mounds. There are several others, I can't remember the names. You can't get to Hanna Creek right now though, they usually keep the gate closed until water is near summer pool.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

7. Member
    Wonder if Whitewater Lake is open (the one right above B'ville)?

8. Member
    I may be wrong, but I think there are 9 ramps at bville, 3 that are pay to launch.

9. Member
    Whitewater is a state park.
    Dunno if open or not. Hope they alll stay open.

10. Member
    Go to BBC then Forums then Indiana Fishing and look at first item "This Is Crazy" and it list all lakes effected with ramp closurures. Blieve it is due to DNR closing all government offices effective 5 PM today until April 11th

11. Banned
    The Ramps are still going to be open. Only the park areas and such will be closed

12. Member
    Hope your right catch5.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaGambler View Post
    Go to BBC then Forums then Indiana Fishing and look at first item "This Is Crazy" and it list all lakes effected with ramp closurures. Blieve it is due to DNR closing all government offices effective 5 PM today until April 11th
    This is not true.

I heard as of yesterday it was going to be the camp grounds, boat rentals, and shelter houses along with play grounds. The lake and ramps would not be affected at this time. This is "only" what I heard. Who knows for sure. Already paid for Park Pass and Launch Permits, do you think we will get a credit for next year if they close the ramps?... Tight Lines to all...
    Veteran 82nd Airborne Division " ALL THE WAY "

16. Member
    USA Bassin at Patoka this Saturday 21st, is it still a go??

17. Member
    Robert, far as I know. It's still on

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2001champ View Post
    Robert, far as I know. It's still on
    Thanks man!!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermodude View Post
    USA Bassin at Patoka this Saturday 21st, is it still a go??
    Which division is fishing there Saturday, I don't see it?
    2002 518 DVX

20. Member
    fall division