Fire extinguisher

Of those of you that have a Caymas boat. Did it come standard with a Fire extinguisher?

2. Banned
    No, it’s always in my dealers prep to put it in the boat no matter when I ran Ranger or triton in The past.

3. Member
    My boat didn't have one. All 3 of my Tritons had one

4. Member
    My Dealer included my Fire extinguisher just as he did on all 6 of my Triton boats
    CAYMAS1

5. Member
    My Dealer also installed the water pressure sensor at no charge and programmed the 5 inch gauge to read PSI. Mercury does not send out the motors with the water pressure sensor installed but the wiring is there.
    CAYMAS1

6. Member
    I've always had water pressure gauges on all my boats with mercury motors, that worked when I picked up the boats. Wonder why mercury wouldn't have water sensors installed.

7. Member
    I've always had a water pressure gauge on my other Mercury engines too, but this is my first Mercury 4 Stroke. According to European Marine they are shipped that way and it's up to the dealer to install them. My Dealer sells Triton's, Ranger's, Vexus and Caymas boats and when they checked the Mercury 4 Stroke engines on those boats they were the same way. They notified the CAYMAS Representative and once they were made aware CAYMAS was going to start installing them on all their Mercury engines.
    CAYMAS1

8. Member
    Thats good to know. Its customers feed back, that will make Caymas continue to get it right. Glad to hear Caymas is stepping up, after learning of this.

9. Member
    Learned I didn't have a pressure sensor. Im making a trip to caymas latter in season for a install.

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    Learned I didn't have a pressure sensor. Im making a trip to caymas latter in season for a install.
    If they can get you the sensor, the install is VERY simple.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    If they can get you the sensor, the install is VERY simple.
    Only problem is I have the viper touch screen. Only see oil, water temperature, Battery on it. Will they have to also install a gage. Never had a boat without water pressure.

12. Member
    I have the 5 inch gauge with the RPM in the large display and 2 small LCD screens at the bottom of the big screen with buttons that are Selectable and you can only select 2 things at one time including all the things you mentioned above . It took them less than 15 minutes to pull the cowl and remove the plug and install the pressure sensor and plug in the existing wire that was already there. After that it took about 10 minutes to program the 5 inch gauge and then the PSI appeared. I suspect that your PSI is there but you won't see it until they install the pressure sensor and hook up the cable to get the signal to your display.
    CAYMAS1

13. Member
    Viper came with no instructions. I've had to play with it to figure it all out. Hoping to get it all working. This touch screen is the bees knees tho.