Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Went to Portage Lakes today. The old state park had as many trucks and trailers as on a usual summer weekend day.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Went to Portage Lakes today. The old state park had as many trucks and trailers as on a usual summer weekend day.
    This is gonna get it all shut down, like the State of Washington... People are complaining about golf courses, and parks being too crowded... We're supposed to be sheltering in place... That means home... You can counter with I'm outside away from the world, but you still have to go back to the ramp where inevitably someone will see a friend, they'll shake hands, shoot the sh!t for a few minutes and then they're headed back home... Is they guy you just spoke with a carrier???... That's what they're trying to head off, casual contact with people outside those in your household... I see something coming after this weekend with record temps... JMHO... Dan

I read on another fishing page a crappie and walleye guy said he's not going back to Mosquito to everyone goes back to work.

4. Member
    question off the bass topic what are they going to do with the maumee run

5. Member
    I work in a critical needs profession and I'm also a EMT. This shelter in place is only a delay tactic. In today's age there is no way to quarantine the nation whith out national martial law. There is just way to many companies that still operate and require people to interact with others. Truckers running full force. Construction companies the same. Since when is a gravel pit a critical needs company. Or a landscape supply company. This whole thing is designed to slow the inevitable spread and slow down the onslaught to the medical profession as to not overwhelm hospitals and supply chains
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    This is gonna get it all shut down, like the State of Washington... People are complaining about golf courses, and parks being too crowded... We're supposed to be sheltering in place... That means home... You can counter with I'm outside away from the world, but you still have to go back to the ramp where inevitably someone will see a friend, they'll shake hands, shoot the sh!t for a few minutes and then they're headed back home... Is they guy you just spoke with a carrier???... That's what they're trying to head off, casual contact with people outside those in your household... I see something coming after this weekend with record temps... JMHO... Dan
    I saw several friends. We did not shake hands and stayed more than 6 feet from each other when we talked. I did not see anyone shaking hands, etc. all were behaving responsibly, doing just what the Gov. encouraged folks to do...get outdoors but retain social distancing.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

7. Member
    Went to Cowan lake yesterday which is on the smaller side to check out the water. There were 20 boats there and the small marina was putting pontoon boats from winter storage in there slips. If you fish it the water was up a few feet and muddy and the fishing not great but it was nice out.

8. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tlt20xd View Post
    I work in a critical needs profession and I'm also a EMT. This shelter in place is only a delay tactic. In today's age there is no way to quarantine the nation whith out national martial law. There is just way to many companies that still operate and require people to interact with others. Truckers running full force. Construction companies the same. Since when is a gravel pit a critical needs company. Or a landscape supply company. This whole thing is designed to slow the inevitable spread and slow down the onslaught to the medical profession as to not overwhelm hospitals and supply chains
    Gravel/stone companies are critical needs because the infrastructure [aka roads] needs maintenance and repair to keep the state and nation supplied. Not only are roads in the northern states in rough condition coming out of winter, but there are thousands of ongoing construction projects at stages where it is best, if not completely needful, to move them along to completion. A bridge torn down for replacement in an important trucking corridor comes to mind.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

9. Member
    I'm not arguing the point that there are many needed jobs still being worked. I work in the electric utilities
    sector. I'm just saying a stay at home order does not work to stop a virus only slow it down because of all the people that still work. And I still say a landscape supply co. That ships colord stone and fire pits and mowes grass is not a needed contractor. ( nor headstones) they can and are set at a later date. I'm just saying. We do what we can do. Let's keep our social distance and make it a point to not be in groups of 10 or more as directed. Down here around Dayton on the great Miami river. My understanding is there were a large number of bank fishers standing shoulder to shoulder trying for Saugers I think. Somebody from local govt. Said they were going to close that public section of the river. That what we heard on radio anyway.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

10. Member
    I saw several friends. We did not shake hands and stayed more than 6 feet from each other when we talked. I did not see anyone shaking hands, etc. all were behaving responsibly, doing just what the Gov. encouraged folks to do...get outdoors but retain social distancing.

Ohioans are behaving as told it seems no groups seen anywhere on my route all week. i say we take our temps in the am and go to work if ok!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

11. BBC SPONSOR
    I went to Lake Rupert today. Several boats there, but I didn't see where anyone was doing any thing wrong. Everyone was apart, and stayed apart in there own groups of 2 to 4. All we shared was the ramp. Me personally I see nothing wrong with it. I did see a dnr person that seemed to be observing for a few min. By the time I went to load up he was gone.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    I went to Lake Rupert today. Several boats there, but I didn't see where anyone was doing any thing wrong. Everyone was apart, and stayed apart in there own groups of 2 to 4. All we shared was the ramp. Me personally I see nothing wrong with it. I did see a dnr person that seemed to be observing for a few min. By the time I went to load up he was gone.

how's the new ride???
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

13. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    how's the new ride???
    I absolutley love it. Runs awesome, and rides awesome.

14. Member
    I have about a 30 minute commute. Traffic is about the same.

15. Member
    Received notice today that all special event permits(which includes fishing tournaments) are cancelled through May 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by the76kid View Post
    Received notice today that all special event permits(which includes fishing tournaments) are cancelled through May 1st.
    And, since the peak of the virus won't likely happen until after that, I expect that ODNR will later pull permits through May 15 or even May 31.

17. Member
    And, since the peak of the virus won't likely happen until after that, I expect that ODNR will later pull permits through May 15 or even May 31.
    Permits are pulled through May 15. Lakes Trail canceled their first two tournaments. One for April 18th at Mosquito, the other for May 9th at Portage.

With this news that means that TBX Elite northeast division is probably going to have their first scheduled event, May 9th, at Milton canceled. But that isn't official. My team tournament partner is TD for the Elite northeast division. I talked to him last night (3/31) and he hasn't heard it yet, but he was expecting to hear something in the near future. When he lets me know, I'll post here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassbme View Post
    Permits are pulled through May 15. Lakes Trail canceled their first two tournaments. One for April 18th at Mosquito, the other for May 9th at Portage.

With this news that means that TBX Elite northeast division is probably going to have their first scheduled event, May 9th, at Milton canceled. But that isn't official. My team tournament partner is TD for the Elite northeast division. I talked to him last night (3/31) and he hasn't heard it yet, but he was expecting to hear something in the near future. When he lets me know, I'll post here.
    I just got the same notice on Facebook by the TD for the Retired Trail. I'll bet that Bad Bass, X Series, and Rory will also have to cancel a few events.

19. Member
    Extended to May 15th now

20. Member
    Right now the modeling that shows a manageable Ohio case load assumes stay at home is in effect through May, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see additional extensions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast