Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

State Park Permits suspended

I saw where ODNR suspended all state park permits until the end of March. Looks like many tournaments will be affected.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

2. Member
    Jeff, where did you see this? Not disputing it I just cant find it anywhere.

3. Member
    If I knew how to share it I would. It's only through March right now, but that's not very long I fully expect them to carry through April.

Did anyone here that PA was through April ?

5. Member
    I’m a member of fishers of men. They sent out an email about this. This is what they said. “Currently, due to the COVID 19 virus all public gatherings in Ohio State Parks have been cancelled for the month of March including fishing tournaments.
    There is a possibility that this restriction may be ongoing until the crisis has passed and could impact our April and beyond events.“

The Indian lake ice breaker is the first Saturday in April. Good chance it gets cancelled but they said they would try to reschedule.

6. Member
    They called me today and canceled all through April.

7. Member
    Knee jerk reaction. I guess we cant even go fish while in quarantine
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

The TD director of our Retired Trail got a call from ODNR today and he was told that all tournament permits are suspended through April.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Quote Originally Posted by tlt20xd View Post
    Knee jerk reaction. I guess we cant even go fish while in quarantine
    You can still fish. Just no tournaments...which is a BUMMER!

10. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ohioskeeter View Post
    They called me today and canceled all through April.
    When you say “through April,” do you mean April tournaments are cancelled, or just March? The way I read that is just cancelled *until* April. I have also heard through April 15.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

11. Member
    I've heard so many different dates at this point. Has anyone gotten official confirmation?

Our TD made a post today that tournament permits are suspended through mid-April. By then, ODNR will have more info to work with and amend their policy.

13. Member
    At this time permits are no good till 04/15 at that time they will re evaluate. I spoke to multiple folks at DNR yesterday. I ask if we could run them in a manner to reduce exposer due to I heard folks were going to try this and that is a negatory as well. I fully expect another delay into May and Ohio Mega Bass and all of our other trails is slowly getting (Back up dates) for our early events.

I was told that all tournaments at State Parks were suspended until April 15th for now. She said it was day by day. They are still open to the public, but that could change

15. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Not a bummer...actually good to fish for fun time to time to re-set.

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

16. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    I agree it is a big bummer, but atleast we can fish and enjoy the outdoors. Be safe and smart gentlemen.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    I agree it is a big bummer, but atleast we can fish and enjoy the outdoors. Be safe and smart gentlemen.

if we only had a new boat to do it in!!!!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

To be honest, its probably good for the fish. It should help the spawn this year.

I also seen were Joe's bait shop at Mosquito that's across from the ramp in the State Park had to shut down.

20. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    if we only had a new boat to do it in!!!!!
    I will admit that helps ease the blow a little.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast