Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Best Boat trailer tire

I have a Ranger 520 with Dual axke trailer. I currently have Carlisle Radial HD tires on it. The tires are getting worn out. What tires are the best? Size is 205/75/r14.

Goodyear Endurance

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Javman389 View Post
    Goodyear Endurance
    . Thanks, I checked Amazon and they are only $67 each with free delivery and free returns. That seems really cheap.

4. Member
    Thanks, I checked Amazon and they are only $67 each with free delivery and free returns. That seems really cheap.

Don't think that is a ST trailer tire with a speed rating.

5. Member
    I just got new tires for my trailer. Asked the tire rep and he said that typically the cheaper tires are rated for 75MPH or less. That's why you hear about the failure rate for those type of tires. I opted to go with the Goodyear Endurance tires even though they were almost $300 more. I was amazed when I picked up my tires(I took the tires off the trailer) the Endurance tires were considerably heavier than the original tires. The rep said the Goodyears have heavier sidewalls and a higher speed rating. They were so heavy I had trouble lifting them onto the lug bolts.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    I have a Ranger 520 with Dual axke trailer. I currently have Carlisle Radial HD tires on it. The tires are getting worn out. What tires are the best? Size is 205/75/r14.
    Your lucky they lasted that long without having tread separation. Chinese tires are known for that. Put the US made Goodyear Endurance on it. They will save your boat fenders.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    Your lucky they lasted that long without having tread separation. Chinese tires are known for that. Put the US made Goodyear Endurance on it. They will save your boat fenders.
    Before I bought the Carlisle tires I had Goodyear Marathon on the trailer and it separated and tore up my fender pretty good. I assume Marathons are made in China based on your comment.

. Thanks, I checked Amazon and they are only $67 each with free delivery and free returns. That seems really cheap.
    THANK YOU SIR! I was also skeptical when you posted the price and as I am also needing tires I checked it out. Seems like both Amazon and Walmart have that size for the price you stated. Yes, I have 5 on order! Was hoping to also get a set for the big utility trailer, but seems this pricing is only for the 205-75-14 size? Regarding the GY Marathons...the original Marathons (RWL) were not made in China, but GY then switched production of that tire to China. I am replacing a set of RWL Marathons just because of age. Thanks again for the pricing alert!

The original good marathons were made in canada. Ive had the endurance on 2 trailers now and theyre the only choice for me. Matter of fact i took my new boat to the tire store on the way home from the dealership to get endurance installed before i even brought it home

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

10. Member
    Endurance - when you see them 'in person', you will know what we are talking about.
    Do not take your half in the middle ....

11. Member
    Maxxis 8008

I have the Maxxis 8008, great tire. Order from a Discount tire store and buy the certificates for peace of mind!
    Always "Huntin" the IA Bass!

Boat: Nitro Z7
    Primary Propulsion Unit: 200 Optimax ProXS
    Vertical Depth Propulsion Adjustment: 8" Bobs Action Jack
    Underwater Surveillance: Solix10 G2 Console & Solix10 G1 Bow
    Anchoring: Powerpole, Ultrex Spot Lock
    Dynamic Positioning System: Ultrex i-pilot Link

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Islands View Post
    THANK YOU SIR! I was also skeptical when you posted the price and as I am also needing tires I checked it out. Seems like both Amazon and Walmart have that size for the price you stated. Yes, I have 5 on order! Was hoping to also get a set for the big utility trailer, but seems this pricing is only for the 205-75-14 size? Regarding the GY Marathons...the original Marathons (RWL) were not made in China, but GY then switched production of that tire to China. I am replacing a set of RWL Marathons just because of age. Thanks again for the pricing alert!
    . Did you get them in? I am ordering a set if they are indeed Goodyear Endurance that everybody raves about.

. Did you get them in? I am ordering a set if they are indeed Goodyear Endurance that everybody raves about.
    I did and was just about to post asking if you had ordered a set? I am very pleased with my purchase. Like I had said, I was skeptical at that price, but everything I see is the real deal! I usually try to buy local, but at that price I went with off line. I checked yesterday and the price has gone to $85 both Amazon and Walmart, but still a very good price. I purchased from Walmart and 4 tires were manufactured 2819 and 1 was 2019. Not hot off the grill, but well less than a year old. Not sure what the deal was, but it was that size only at that price. Wish I could get a set of 15" for close to that price! Order quick and thanks again for the heads-up on the price.

15. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Endurance

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

The ones I see aren't st's.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bhjr. View Post
    The ones I see aren't st's.
    so there are different endurance tires? ST and non ST?

18. Member
    Michelin Defenders. Great tires
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

I dont run trailer tires i run car tires rated for my trailers weight. Easiest way to get good usa made tires and they wear and ride better. Had that on the old boat and loved it already swapped on the new boat. 15" wheels and cooper tires.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

so there are different endurance tires? ST and non ST?
    The Amazon posting threw me a little. Check the product code number on Amazon compared to GY site and same number. Just did a chat wit GY and all Endurance tires are ST rated. I also asked GY if they had any idea why the very low price being offered by resellers and they mentioned doing a price match. If I had not already received the tires I would have definitely pursued that offer - direct from GY would eliminate any questions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast