Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    Before I bought the Carlisle tires I had Goodyear Marathon on the trailer and it separated and tore up my fender pretty good. I assume Marathons are made in China based on your comment.
    The Goodyear Marathons were made in China at least 3 years ago when I switched to the Endurance tire. The Chinese made Goodyear Marathons were so bad thats why Ranger switched to Carlisle. That came strait from the Ranger trailer department when I was talking to them about the problems I was having with Carlisle. At that time the Endurance was the only US made ST rated trailer tire. Made at the Goodyear plant in Gadsden Alabama. I don't know if the Goodyear Marathon is still available or not. If it is I don't know where they are made. All I know is if a US made tire is available, thats what I will run.

2. Member
    I still had the amazon screen for $67 up on my home computer for the GoodYear Endurance ST205/75-R14 tire and took a screen shot of it and showed it to the goodyear person and I got four tires coming my way Directly from GoodYear for $67 Each shipped. They are being delivered to my buddys tire shop and he will mount and balance them for $15 each. Therefore 4 GoodYear Endurance tires are coming my way directly from GoodYear and mounted and balanced for a total of $328. Thats a good deal....

That is a great deal

4. Member
    My 2020 came with Carlisle st 205/75 14. I ordered good year endurance st 215/75 14 for it D range tires. They were $113 ea. Got a $50 rebate card.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    I dont run trailer tires i run car tires rated for my trailers weight. Easiest way to get good usa made tires and they wear and ride better. Had that on the old boat and loved it already swapped on the new boat. 15" wheels and cooper tires.
    Interesting as I just replaced my front axle on my Rangertrail, the tires were worn and because of other issues I had the dealer put on 4 new tires. My tires on the trailer were upgraded to 17" when I bought the boat. The dealer asked me which brand tire I wanted and with all the positive comments on the Goodyear Endurance I requested them. Assuming I would get the Endurance brand I looked the other night and the tires were Goodyear Assurance, a steel belted car tire. Doing some research first, I discovered that Endurance (according to the website) doesn't come in 17" size. Your comment about car tires and load rating started to make sense as I compared the spare tire to the Goodyear and they where the same 2.15-65-17 99T. Thinking the T must be a designation for Trailer, it is actually a speed rating. The load ratings are the same and what I found interesting is the Max pressure at that rating is 51 psi. When I pulled the boat home it felt somewhat mushy, the psi was only 32#. Apparently the tire place who mounted them must have assumed 32#. I don't ever recall that high of a pressure on an automotive tire. Anyway the tires are rated exactly like the previous Sumotomo tires that came with the trailer so I put 50# in them and we'll see what happens.

If you have 17s or larger i believe youre going to be running a car tire regardless. I think you will be happy with how they perform.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Islands View Post
    I did and was just about to post asking if you had ordered a set? I am very pleased with my purchase. Like I had said, I was skeptical at that price, but everything I see is the real deal! I usually try to buy local, but at that price I went with off line. I checked yesterday and the price has gone to $85 both Amazon and Walmart, but still a very good price. I purchased from Walmart and 4 tires were manufactured 2819 and 1 was 2019. Not hot off the grill, but well less than a year old. Not sure what the deal was, but it was that size only at that price. Wish I could get a set of 15" for close to that price! Order quick and thanks again for the heads-up on the price.
    I see on Amazon that the endurance All season radial 205/75/R14 105N is $85 dollar tire, Right next is the Endurance 205/75/R14 Trailer Tire Load rate D for $115. I had Endurance tires on my last boat/trailer. New boat has Marathons and drive like SH&* bout to replace all four but what is the difference in these two tires? I know 105 is a load rating of approx 2050 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ajwasco View Post
    I see on Amazon that the endurance All season radial 205/75/R14 105N is $85 dollar tire, Right next is the Endurance 205/75/R14 Trailer Tire Load rate D for $115. I had Endurance tires on my last boat/trailer. New boat has Marathons and drive like SH&* bout to replace all four but what is the difference in these two tires? I know 105 is a load rating of approx 2050 lbs.
    Check the product code number on both listings and compare them to the GY web site. Think the only difference you will find is $30. Also check Walmart online.

Edit: Should have mentioned that I contacted GY via chat session and the rep assured me that all GY Endurance tires are ST rated. He also offered a price match which would give you tires direct from GY at sale price.
    Last edited by Islands; 04-01-2020 at 12:44 PM.

9. Member
    This is a hard one because a lot of new trailers are coming with bigger wheels and tires. And those are coming with car tires

Endurance........best ST tire on the market right now.

11. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ajwasco View Post
    Load rating classes differ between tire types. A Load Range D on a passenger car tire will have a different rating than an ST tire that is Load Range D. Numbers are what counts.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

12. Member
    I continue to see that the Goodyear Endurance are really good but I have had 2 sets of Maxxis 8008. I've had no issues with them at all. They are a little difficult to find.

13. Member
    Endurance best by far.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    I dont run trailer tires i run car tires rated for my trailers weight. Easiest way to get good usa made tires and they wear and ride better. Had that on the old boat and loved it already swapped on the new boat. 15" wheels and cooper tires.
    I don't run car tires based on technical information I had received. I do not disagree that car tires would probably ride better than ST rated tires. I was told that the ST tire has a much stronger side wall than other tires and that is where the load stress is put on them with a boat trailer. But to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    The original good marathons were made in canada. Ive had the endurance on 2 trailers now and theyre the only choice for me. Matter of fact i took my new boat to the tire store on the way home from the dealership to get endurance installed before i even brought it home

The Goodyear Marathons that came on my 2001 trailer were made in the US. Stamped in the sidewall. I have went trough several different brands since the originals, but I ran the originals a long long time. ( 11 years) put new Goodyear Endurance on a few weeks ago. Replaced the original Goodyear marathone spare ( 19 years old and never been on the ground)

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    I still had the amazon screen for $67 up on my home computer for the GoodYear Endurance ST205/75-R14 tire and took a screen shot of it and showed it to the goodyear person and I got four tires coming my way Directly from GoodYear for $67 Each shipped. They are being delivered to my buddys tire shop and he will mount and balance them for $15 each. Therefore 4 GoodYear Endurance tires are coming my way directly from GoodYear and mounted and balanced for a total of $328. Thats a good deal....
    I bought 2 for my trailer on March 1st and they were $99.95 each then.

They are worth the extra to me but if I could catch them for $67.00 I would buy another for my spare!
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

17. Member
    I run Maxxis 8008's on my 5th wheel and 20' cargo trailer. I was going to do the same for boat trailer but decided to give the Endurance a try. 2 yrs and no issues.

18. Member
    My trailer came with GY marathons when new in 91,They lasted about 5yrs,cupped worn on the inside,POS tires.My tire man talked me into car tires,Been running car tires ever since,25yrs.I lived in the deep south GA.I change my tires every 7yrs. or so,They always look like they never have been ran,No cupping,wear flat,45lbs.of pressure.NEVER a tire problem,I run my tires between 3.500,and 4.000 miles a year.18ft.basspoat w,175hp,not a lightweight single axle also

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Javman389 View Post
    Goodyear Endurance
    ^
    this

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    The Goodyear Marathons were made in China at least 3 years ago when I switched to the Endurance tire. The Chinese made Goodyear Marathons were so bad thats why Ranger switched to Carlisle. That came strait from the Ranger trailer department when I was talking to them about the problems I was having with Carlisle. At that time the Endurance was the only US made ST rated trailer tire. Made at the Goodyear plant in Gadsden Alabama. I don't know if the Goodyear Marathon is still available or not. If it is I don't know where they are made. All I know is if a US made tire is available, thats what I will run.
    Sadly, GY just announced this week that the Gadsden plant is permanently closed effectively immediately so I'm told!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast