Llebroc 307 Bucket Seat

My fishing partner's driver side seat back blew out of the boat while trailering to the lake last weekend. The brackets holding the seat back in broke over time and he recently mentioned he noticed the seat back was loose but there was at least one bracket/screw holding it in place. Apparently it finally broke and his luck ran out. We've both travelled the route to and from the lake several times looking for it with no luck. It either got picked up or bounced into a spot hidden from view along the 30 mile trip. Before spending $600 on a pair of new seats I thought I'd at least ask if anybody had a Llebroc 307 bucket seat they were willing to sell. Or any ideas on where to look for one, or even just the seat back. It would be cheaper to order a new skin to recover it than new seats. Llebroc says they only sell seats in pairs so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask around first. Any ideas are appreciated.

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I sold my set of old ones to a guy last year that the same thing happened to. Good luck with your search! If you're on facebook, you might post on the Champion groups there as well.

3. Member
    Llebroc sold me just a single seat back a couple of years ago to replace one that blew out, at the time said they had a odd one. Cost me about $275 if I remember correctly. You might try and call them again to see if you get someone on the phone that maybe knows where they have a extra one laying around.
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax

4. Member
    I’ve got a Llebroc seat back you can have for shipping cost, pm me a phone number and I’ll send a pic

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KHolm View Post
    I’ve got a Llebroc seat back you can have for shipping cost, pm me a phone number and I’ll send a pic
    You the man Kevin!

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    Quote Originally Posted by Rstrelec View Post
    My fishing partner's driver side seat back blew out of the boat while trailering to the lake last weekend. The brackets holding the seat back in broke over time and he recently mentioned he noticed the seat back was loose but there was at least one bracket/screw holding it in place. Apparently it finally broke and his luck ran out. We've both travelled the route to and from the lake several times looking for it with no luck. It either got picked up or bounced into a spot hidden from view along the 30 mile trip. Before spending $600 on a pair of new seats I thought I'd at least ask if anybody had a Llebroc 307 bucket seat they were willing to sell. Or any ideas on where to look for one, or even just the seat back. It would be cheaper to order a new skin to recover it than new seats. Llebroc says they only sell seats in pairs so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask around first. Any ideas are appreciated.

EXACT thing happened to me Sat!!!
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

KHolm - Hahaha you have 2? the exact thing happened to me.
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

8. Member
    I just put a set of new 307s in my 191. Exactly what part is failing on these to make them come out? Are the screws pulling out of the boat or the bracket in the seat pulling out?
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

There's 4 contact points that attaches the seat back to the boat. Two metal pieces that slide into brackets and two small brackets that screw into the seat and boat. The brackets on the bottom are the ones that broke. Probably something to do with the weight of people plopping into the seat. Once the bottom brackets fail, the upper brackets don't really hold the seats securely in the boat. He knew the seat was loose before he lost it so it could have been prevented but it's easy to let things go and he just let it go one trip too many. I wouldn't worry about your seats any time soon. It took 10 years for his to break and he's retired and fishes 4-5 times a week, year-'round. You'll know something's wrong in time to fix it... probably.

10. Member
    Ok, that is what I would have figured, that some part at the bottom had to let loose. A good thing to keep an eye on, but as you say, not worry about. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 1bluemcm View Post
    I just put a set of new 307s in my 191. Exactly what part is failing on these to make them come out? Are the screws pulling out of the boat or the bracket in the seat pulling out?
    Kevin, On mine the bottom bracket seemed crack and fail. Ill take a good look and pic tonight and post it. Ordering a new set once I get the samples from Nick.

See the bottom brackets that screw to the seat and into the boat both broke.
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. Member
    I will have a set of seats and hardware very soon. PM me I can get you what you may need? My 307 seats are on order for my 2007 200 Elite. I have a photo but don’t know how to add to this post?

What you say is meaningles.... What you do is everything! - Morgan Freeman

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOW4UM View Post
    See the bottom brackets that screw to the seat and into the boat both broke.
    That's interesting, wouldn't have thought the seat bracket itself would have been the fail point. Good info to know and keep an eye on, thanks!

Just wanted to publicly thank Kevin (KHolm) for sending a seat back he had available. And thanks to everyone else who offered advice. BBC is great but the Champion crew has always been a great help when I've come calling. Hope everyone is staying safe and catching big fish!

Theys good people here!!!