Minn Kota Terrova 80 w/I-Pilot foot pedal issue

Have a 2011 Minn Kota Legacy Terrova 80/US-2 60” w/ I-Pilot (Model #1358862), started having a problem today that whenever I plug in the foot pedal it acts like it’s in continuous mode and won’t stop running. The continuous light is not on when the trolling motor keeps running, if I press the continuous button the motor speeds up. If I unplug the foot pedal it stops running and I can use the hand held remote and all works fine. Has anyone had this issue? Other question would be, does the newer style foot pedals work with the older terrova’s? I have spot lock on my hand held remote but not on the foot pedal and it would be nice to spot lock right off the pedal. Thanks for the help everyone. Happy fishing!!

2. Member
    You have a switch sticking or shorted out on the pedal. See if you can see a problem by the run pedal. You might be able to pick one up from someone who does not use the pedal. Call HB about the newer pedal.Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member
    If the remote is working correctly, sounds like you either have a bad footpedal, or a footpedal not meant for that motor (you said it doesn't have spot lock on the footpedal). Does the spotlock on the remote work correctly?
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

4. Member
    Yes, spot lock works on the remote just fine. I’ve always found it weird I have spot lock on the remote and not the foot pedal but that’s how I got the boat. The foot pedal has worked just fine until today it started sticking for some reason. Also Thanks Bob I will take a look into that.

5. Member
    The conversion kit did not address the foot pedal.(2013 I think) At least not the first kit. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

6. Member
    My foot pedal did the same thing. I found the base was slightly twisted do to being screwed down to tite to the floor. This caused the buttons to stick down.

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

7. Member
    Yeah that’s exactly what it seems like. Gonna take it apart today at work and pop out the switch and check continuity and see which run switch is sticking. Appreciate all the help guys. Have an email pending with Johnson Outdoors regarding the newer pedal with the older terrova. I will keep you all posted as to what they say. Thanks!

8. Member
    Update for everyone. It seems my pedal is having issues internally inside the sealed up module of the pedal, looked up the part and it was around $75 and a new pedal I found for $102. I went with a new pedal instead for the peace of mind. Also got ahold of Johnson Outdoors to see if the new pedal was compatible with the older terrova with IPilot and it is not I was informed. She said it would plug in but the trolling motor would not do anything. Thanks for all the help!