2005 225hp hpdi motor mounts

Is there a definite way to check the lower mounts to tell if they are definitely shot? Also if they are would it be best to go back with rubber or the solid mounts? I hear the only draw back to the solid mounts is the vibration. Has anyone done these? How did you like it? Thanks.

2. Member
    I've ordered replacement lower mounts from Bob's for my 250 HPDI. If you trim your motor up and shake it slightly you'll see movement if they're worn out. There's not many videos showing this but here's one i found:

I'll need to order new bolts and i'll figure out what washers and bolts i'll need as well... my understanding is that these can be replaced by installing the bolts backwards. to remove the old bolts you can use a 3" cut off wheel to get them out. Also do them one at a time to make sure the motor is supported.
    Current: 2006 ~ 20i ~ 250 HPDI ~ T1-25p
    Previous: 2005 ~ ZX 225 ~ 250 HPDI Phase III - TXP 26p

3. Member
    Thank you for responding. I was just trying to figure out how much is to much play. I’ll take the covers off and do that test. Yes I have heard you have to cut the heads of the bolts off and just reinstall from the opposite way when going back together. Do you have any idea of where to purchase new bolts and hardware?

https://shop.hydrotecmarine.com/addt...=35&quantity=1

call HT directly, they will send you the correct bolts too......

5. Member
    Thank you for the reply. I will call them tomorrow.