New to me boat with slight problem

Hi all, I have just purchased a well kept 2002 190ZX and as luck would have it am experiencing a electrical glitch. The power button quit turning the power on and am at a bit of a loss. I have gone through all the splices and connections in the battery compartment, checked all the fuses(that I could find)and made sure all Batts were charged. I got it to work a couple times by just jiggling wires around but haven't been able to duplicate it since. Possibly just the switch itself?

2. Member
    Try putting a jumper wire across switch and see if power comes on. Or test with meter or test light.

3. Member
    I have the same make, year, model. Mine has an automatic resting circuit breaker. Yours might be tripped due to a shorter wire. Check everything.

4. Moderator
    Not sure if your issue is similar, but on my first Champion boat I had toggle switches for the live wells, main power, etc. Intermittently the power would all shut off. Anyways, the main power switch was broken and had intermittent contact inside the rubber boot of the switch. I hope this makes sense....

5. Member
    Does anyone know which battery the power switch would be hooked into? I will test the switch itself to see if I can eliminate. I would think it powered by the starting battery.

6. Member
    Starting Battery.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by formula462 View Post
    Does anyone know which battery the power switch would be hooked into? I will test the switch itself to see if I can eliminate. I would think it powered by the starting battery.
    Where in Texas are you located?