Thread: Super Markets

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Super Markets

Let's hear the stories.
    I don't have any good ones after going to two stores this morning other than the wife said let's go early and see what happens, I woke her up at 6am and it was a no go got there at 9am and it was a normal crowd. I did hear two guys stocking shelves say that there was over 200 people in the store at 6am. I'm glad she slept in. No toilet paper or paper towels though
    Last edited by pa.X19; 03-14-2020 at 12:20 PM.

2. Member
    I think I’m gonna go to Walmart for a while and cough a lot and watch everyone’s reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by badbassn View Post
    I think I’m gonna go to Walmart for a while and cough a lot and watch everyone’s reactions.
    Better watch out, the guys in the white coats see you coughing, they'll throw a straight jacket on you, hustle you out to a paddy wagon, and next thing you know, you'll be locked up in an isolation center for a few weeks.

4. Member
    Went yesterday at 4pm after work just to get my 2 week beer allotment plus some eggs and milk. The Beer isle was awesome with all my beer in stock but eggs and milk were gone. I went to check out and all the checkout lanes were open with customers backed up 6 deep. It took me awhile to get out with just my beer. I bet it’s twice as bad today. I’m not worried...I got my beer supply for the next 2 weeks.

5. Banned
    That's what I told her I was going to do when we left this am to clear out the isles if it was packed

6. Member
    Just got back from a stop at Giant Eagle. Looked like a normal Saturday to us. Now we did drive past Olive Garden, Longhorn, Red Lobster and Applebee's and the parking lots were maybe 1/3 full.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

7. Member
    Not a bad idea...you might have an easy time shopping. You need to wear a GoPro camera when you do it and post the video.

8. Banned
    Might not be a good idea... Dan

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ng/5009043002/

9. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    How did that go for Rudy Golbert? We went to Winn Dixie yesterday and the lines were simply unreal. I don’t mind avoiding large crowds, I don’t like people all that much!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

10. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    The 4 or 5 things I noticed in shortest supply yesterday: tp, fresh meat [???], bottled water, eggs, and applesauce [??????]. But the main walking aisle from the front to the back of the store had approximately eleventy thousand packages of paper towels marked at $1 a package. Not sure how that happened, or why, but surely hope they don’t get used for you-know-what and then flushed, or the plumbers will need to hire lots of helpers soon.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

11. Member
    Just talked to someone who was coming from Sam's. No TP to be had but plenty of paper towels. What surprised him was the lack of food. People are buying canned/dry/preserved goods in bulk.

12. Member
    Lot of people in Wal-mart last night around 10 pm, wife and I stopped in for a few things after dinner and drinks and decided to load up on cold meds and non-perishables. We have to defend ourselves from the morons out there and defend against price gauging....cornholiovirus is not even bad here yet
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

13. Banned

14. Banned
    Pure stupidity on how people are stocking up when there really is no shortage on anything. I have a two freezer full of elk, deer, axis and oryx meat and a slaughtered hog. We keep plenty of other stuff around because we are an our from town.

15. Member
    Ours was totally out of produce and meat. I didn’t check toilet paper.

16. Member
    Bread and flower gone and the oatmeal pies are next!

3A93BC1A-FC8F-4E3B-98EC-E3E5EBEB6940.jpegEBD4CDFF-43C9-48E7-8963-0154F247492A.jpeg
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

No butt paper around here. Canned food, soup aisle, meat shelves cleaned out. No Ramen noodles to be seen. Gasoline will be next.

"I'm just looking for a bite"

Did a quick stop at Homeland the other day. They had pallets full of TP in the aisle. Gal at the self checkout (OMG) wiped down the touchpad and keypad before I used it. Wally world seemed as normal as ever.

19. Member
    Wife went to Giant Eagles yesterday mainly looking for distilled water for our cpaps. None to be had. She said she got the last pack of tp. Went to another one and place was a mad house with no water of any kind. I just got sick myself this week and I drive a school bus. Glad the state shut down then schools so I can stay home till whatever I have passes.

local deliveries going as scheduled

corona.jpg
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast