Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

It's Time to be Americans

The shock is now worn off and we have an understanding of what we are up against. We've faced far tougher challenges than this, we beat polio, we cured AIDS and we overcame 9/11. The government didn't win these battles, the American people did. Americans overcome, when challenged we out smart and out work the rest of the world. We fight amongst ourselves like siblings when times are good, but when we face real adversity we rise up, adapt and overcome. We let experts tell us the facts but we then take that knowledge and create a unique American solution. I have faith that the younger generation will show us solutions we never thought of and help us protect the wisdom of our older generation. The solutions are simple and powerful but start with our inherent positive attitude:

Support that quaint local restaurant that you like, smaller crowds but great food.

Take your favorite couple with you. Get caught up on all those things you can't talk about in a big group.

You can't go to the big concert, but you can buy their latest album and enjoy with your better half over a glass of wine.

You can go for a walk in the neighborhood and chat with your neighbor over the hedge just like on TV.

It's spring! Nature is showing us how things are re-born. Get outside in the fresh air, you'll be safer and healthier too.

Your place of Worship may be closed but that is just a building. This is a good reminder that we can talk to God anytime.

We can't go to the big game but we can re-watch those old highlights we taped (I never get tired of that).

Did you know your I-phone can also be used to talk? Call your parents and grandparents see how their doing, they miss you.

It's time to make Social Media work for us for a change. If you find someone who needs help and you can't solve the problem, share their story. There's someone out there with extra toilet paper to share and we can find them.

Turn off the TV and ignore your social media for a while. We know what we need to do, so let's focus on how to help our neighbors and loved ones, they may need our help.

Remember, we are all in this together. Healthcare workers, first responders and public health officials are stressed and need our patience and support. We all know small business owners, self-employed folks, food service workers, event vendors and others that have been impacted, find ways to help them and we'll all be better for it.

2. Member
    Well Said!!!

3. Member
    We cured Aids?!?

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wedgestank View Post
    We cured Aids?!?
    Wondering the same thing, I don’t think that is correct.

5. Banned
    We cured Aids?!?
    Sorta like when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor... He's on a roll don't let the facts get in the way... Dan

7. Member
    No but we developed ways to treat it and educated people and slowed the spread. How many people do we here if now days contracting aids compared to 20 years ago.

8. Member

9. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Sorta like when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor... He's on a roll don't let the facts get in the way... Dan

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasMan250 View Post
    Wondering the same thing, I don’t think that is correct.
    I was like wow I must have missed that one LOL

11. Member
    Been a long time since I've seen this many people out walking and doing yard work. Crazy,but defiantly kind of nice to see.I can't explain it and maybe it's just me but I sense a strange eerie vibe around town.

Things should be taken serious, but the media is not helping. Creating a complete panic is not the way to handle it.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

13. Member
    We cured Aids?!?

must have done something about it, magic Johnson is still around?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    must have done something about it, magic Johnson is still around?
    Charlie Sheen is supposed to be HIV free now also.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

15. Member
    Just let something positive flow. Why can’t we just accept someone with a positive thought without bashing them anymore?

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by btlsranger View Post
    Just let something positive flow. Why can’t we just accept someone with a positive thought without bashing them anymore?
    I dont think its personal "Bashing" per say. Maybe just stating the inaccuracies of the obvious copy/paste. I would hate to think we live in a world where pointing out inaccuracies is seen as bashing, before you know it everything will be taken at face value in fear of hurting someones feelings.

BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cowtrimmer View Post
    I dont think its personal "Bashing" per say. Maybe just stating the inaccuracies of the obvious copy/paste. I would hate to think we live in a world where pointing out inaccuracies is seen as bashing, before you know it everything will be taken at face value in fear of hurting someones feelings.
    I can understand that. I just think we should all be more positive in our lives. Read, comprehend the message and go on with life. The internet has turned us around somewhat. I will leave it at that.

Good post Dennis. Good suggestions. We’re headed to a small family gathering tonight. Still ways to get out and enjoy during these times.
    We we’re headed to see a Chesney concert in April, but it’s been postponed. Oaklawn Downs is running, but isn’t allowing spectators (watch online). And flying to Georgia to see the kids is out for the foreseeable future, so we’re going to plan B. Family, friends, and fishing. I’ve turned off the news for now. Enough negative headlines for me. If they can’t concentrate on what “IS” being done instead of pointing fingers, I’ll give a hard pass.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

20. Banned
    Good post!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast