Thread: Prop to pad

Prop to pad

What is the correct prop to pad measurement on a 2000 Champion 193 with merc 200hp, 8" jack plate and tempest 25 prop

2. Member
    start at 3.5

3. Member
    3.5. Up 1/4 inch each pass at WOT and FULL trim untilyou lose water psi below 12 or loose speed, then back down 1/4 inch on the plate.

4. Member
    I could never find a spot where my tempest would run as expected. Tried two different pitches. Best prop I ran was a T-1. This may or may not be because I have a Yamaha. It’s a large diameter prop and ran best at 2.5 inches. 10” jack plate. 74.3 with one person and 30 gallons of fuel. All my fishing tackle on board. Added P.P. ‘s and went to a Raker bladed prop with 4 blades. Just like the overall performance better. 70 is normal under most conditions with it. Boat also ran good with a 25M Yamaha prop. 72 before the power poles with it. Some people have good luck with the Tempest. Not sure why mine didn’t.

5. Member
    Interesting. I ran a tempest on a couple different champs and they ran pretty good. When I switched to a Fury 3 blade on this last boat it resulted in a noticeable improvement. Not sure a Tempest is "always" the right brand for these Champs.
    GETFISHED !!!

6. Member
    Tempest or trophy is the go to prop for the skinny bodies and mercs mostly. The wide body champs prefer the fury for its bow lift.