Thread: FYI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar

FYI

Midwest Rally will NOT be cancelled. Carry on.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

Are we going to limit participation size to 500 boats (1000 people) per state guidelines?
    Team buymyownluresandstuff

3. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    I think we will err on the side of caution and restrict it to 500 people and 250 boats.
    Gene Wilson

Team PoorMansCustomLures

That's a good move.
    Cheaper to keep a kid in tourney fishing than paying attorneys to keep them out of jail !!

Have they closed the ramp yet? The corps of engineers have closed all the ramps here and Water Patrol is asking tournament directors to consider canceling their tournaments

6. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfish1259 View Post
    Have they closed the ramp yet? The corps of engineers have closed all the ramps here and Water Patrol is asking tournament directors to consider canceling their tournaments
    I will check with Bull Shoals Boat Dock tomorrow.
    Gene Wilson

Team PoorMansCustomLures

]37CC8A64-B954-4998-BCB4-EE44C8BBE8A8.jpeg

Just uploaded from Mike Webb’s (tournament director for larger Springfield area tournaments) Facebook page, that he contacted the corps, and that ramps are NOT closed up there, just an ugly rumor someone has started!

I don’t believe either of the two ramps there are controlled by Corps, so shouldn’t be affected anyway.
    Last edited by MOTriton; 03-17-2020 at 09:31 AM.

Still a go then? Don't plan on touching anything but fish.

9. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Bull Shoals Boat Dock said come on, their ramp was open and as far as they know it will remain that way. So I will be there Wednesday.
    Gene Wilson

Team PoorMansCustomLures

I'm going down wed. Or Thursday morning
    Cheaper to keep a kid in tourney fishing than paying attorneys to keep them out of jail !!

Be there Wednesday sometime

Be there Thursday. Gotta get my 20 hour check up on my engine by BSBD at 0800 then fish on. Giggity!

Based on our rally registration and us being under the mandatory permit required for boats ( I think it's 25 or less) we should be good. I'm still planning on being there. BSBD has there own ramp.

They canceled the Cystic on Norfork in April today. Granted it's a 200 boat tournament.

Here's what they sent out.

Dear fishermen,
    The Cystic board and volunteers regret to inform you that we are having to postpone our tournament scheduled for April 11th on Lake Norfork. We received word that the Army Corp of Engineers are not allowing any special events or tournaments effective immediately through May 15th. Please pass along to anyone you know that might have been planning to fish the event. We want to thank everyone for there understanding and support of this event while we figure things out. Please stay safe and we will update in the near future as we reschedule this tournament.
    Best Regards,
    Hope4CF Staff

14. Member
    Larry Nickels and I decided to skip this rally. Maybe next year.

15. Member
    I’m going to cancel as well. I prepaid Friday night for cabin 7 if anyone needs a free room for the night.

We don’t want.to put people in a bad spot, and understand the circumstances that are going on beyond anyone’s control, everyone should do what they think is best for their situation during this time, and if any concerns, you should definitely err on the side of your own personal safety.

KC Ron, we will keep that room in mind and see if extra rooms are needed.

Breaking News:

UPDATE: We have talked with multiple tournament directors and they are all confirming they have been contacted by the Corps of Engineers and all tournaments on Little Rock District lakes are cancelled / postponed until May 15. They will reassess the situation at that time. We have not received confirmation back from the Corps at this time but feel the information we have is legitimate and accurate.

We have received an unconfirmed report from a tournament director that the Little Rock District of the Corps of Engineers will be Suspending all Tournaments until May 15, 2020. The Little Rock District includes; Table Rock, Beaver, Bull Shoals and other lakes.

We are attempting to confirm this report and will share more when we get confirmation.

18. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    I understand completely and I hope the next one won't be under any extraordinary circumstances. Each and everyone of us must be cautious so we can have more of these get togethers. We will discuss Saturday's fishing to see if we have enough people interested in keeping score. Most of us will just be fishing for fun the other days. Thursday or Friday I will grill hamburgers and hot dogs in a open air meeting where we can catch up from a distance.
    Last edited by Arkyarcher; 03-18-2020 at 09:51 PM.
    Gene Wilson

Team PoorMansCustomLures

We'll have enough for a 1st place payout. I've already had 2 tourneys canceled and not missing this one unless it's a blizzard.

20. Member
    Hate missing this event. You guys have a good time and be safe. Fish the very back of the creeks with a square bill or spinnerbait. You find the bait balls, you've found the fish. Best fishing is up in the Lead Hill area. Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast