Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Going lithium , any feedback?

Just bought Ionics , I am interested in how the boat will react to loosing 225 lbs from the left rear. I already store my planos in the cranking battery compartment other than what I am using that day. Probably going to loose that heavy 4 bank charger and go Stealth a/c d/c . 10.5 lbs , I will have to move more weight to the rear , who's running lithium and how do you like them? Affect on performance ?
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

2. Member
    I like mine. Didn’t see a huge increase in performance because my cranking battery is still massive. Took awhile to balance the boat out. Lithium Pros from Tim Powell here.

3. Member
    Jealous, thats my feedback....

4. Member
    Just added a 125 Ionic in my outfit just for electronics and power poles to run on for now. Just put it in tonight and curious how it’s gonna do.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOD View Post
    I like mine. Didn’t see a huge increase in performance because my cranking battery is still massive. Took awhile to balance the boat out. Lithium Pros from Tim Powell here.
    Bood are you running 24v or 36v? , I would think getting weight like that out should be good for a better hole shot or on top something ? If like you say the boat is balanced out.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

I'm not sold on LI-On batts..... Yet. But I have been looking at Battle Born 100AH

https://battlebornbatteries.com/

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    I'm not sold on LI-On batts..... Yet. But I have been looking at Battle Born 100AH

https://battlebornbatteries.com/

Mike everybody has a different opinion if you read up the many debates in the lounge and general forums. I figured I will try the ionic brand because a local guy sells them I was able to pick them up . If I don't like them I will sell them and try another brand. I didn't pay shipping or sales tax and got a small discount on the price I can't ask for anything better than that.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

I too have been reading and looking...

Keep us all informed ….

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

9. Member
    I started running them 3 years ago. Holeshot is much better. They don't run down. I don't know about top speed as I've never run max out, but I run easy 90's with a full load, full gas, two 240 lb folks and livewell. Holeshot alone was worth it.

10. Member
    I’ve been running the ionics for almost a year now. I like the way my boat sits in the water, hole shot and top end are a little better they are strong batteries I havnt put a dent in the cranking batt I think the lowest I’ve had it was like 86% I did just upgrade to Humminbird solix’s they say there some battery hungry units so we will see. The trolling bats are very strong also. You’ll like them for sure
    Bullet 21xrs & xdc

AV,I just got my two trollers from Ionic yesterday..Gonna try em out sunday in my tournament...Still have to run the heavy cranker for now but it will be gone soon enough

I love lithium batteries, but hate the price

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLETRM View Post
    AV,I just got my two trollers from Ionic yesterday..Gonna try em out sunday in my tournament...Still have to run the heavy cranker for now but it will be gone soon enough
    Great let me know what you think I won't have my boat in action till end of April or May , I store it in another state I hate not having here to work on it
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

14. Member
    I got 3 ionic batteries over a year ago and they are great and never had charger redone and it charges great and with Bluetooth I check them on my phone . They was a lot cheaper to buy and work great

15. Member
    Buy extra for spares so u won’t get left stranded

16. Member
    I put the K2 lithiums in my last bullet and loved them. Boat floated higher in the rear. Helped with hole shot and back wash. I stayed with 3 12V batteries incase I was out of town and one went out I could buy any cheap lead battery and put it in its place.
    SUSHII
    21XRS/SHO

Soooo can you charge with a regular charger...?
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

18. Banned
    I have Relions and charge with a regular MK charger set to agm...drewteck sells one also

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    Soooo can you charge with a regular charger...?
    The ones I bought I can

20. Member
    I charge my ionic battery's with my 4 bank dual pro from factory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast