Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tournaments being postponed now....

2. Member
    I can at least understand the sporting events. Fishing tournaments though??? Come on now.

3. Banned
    Bring people from all over the country to one spot... Close quarter at hotels, restaurants and I'm sure crowds of over a 100+... Yep, makes no sense to me... Dan

Wit virtually no sports for the foreseeable future, an opportunity for competitive fishing to reach a mainstream audience may be at hand.

Looks like the Classic was held just in time.

6. Banned
    We have some local tournaments cancelled this weekend around here also. Crazy but it is what it is.

7. Member

TOURNAMENTS

This is college tournament most kids are leaving campuses because colleges are closed or will likely be closing.

8. Dogfish_Jones
    I hope they don’t postpone Chickamauga, it’s already been pushed back once......
    ‘Our club tournament is on Guntersville next week and I will feel more safe when I’m fishing than anywhere else. Well that unless them bass now are getting it? Please...I’m sorry I didn’t type that, the rumor mill will start that bass are now infected....just forget I typed that...ssssshhhhhhhhhh.

9. Member
    I emailed FLW asking if the BFLs will be postponed too. The first Northeast event is in April and is an 8hr drive across 3 state lines just to get there and I really don’t want to make reservations for a hotel if there’s a possibility it’ll cancel a week before
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Bring people from all over the country to one spot... Close quarter at hotels, restaurants and I'm sure crowds of over a 100+... Yep, makes no sense to me... Dan
    So the media suckered you too. Its too bad. I always thought you were sharper than that Dano.

11. Dogfish_Jones
    All this hysteria reminds me of a old story line.......The sky is falling!

12. Member
    I was traveling to Florida from Carolina to take care of a few things at the house in Fl, but also to take a rod building class in Orlando at Mudhole. Got the call this morning that they are cancelling. I have no problem with that decision.

13. Member
    the 99.9% percent of the world will never know they were put off .

Got a text from bass saying the meetings were cancelled for Chick but the tournament is still on. We'll see I guess.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorShine View Post
    So the media suckered you too. Its too bad. I always thought you were sharper than that Dano.
    I'm wearing sunglasses so I guess you couldn't see the sarcasm... Dang, I haven't been called Dano in 20 years... You're showing your age... Dan

16. Banned
    This crap is getting ridiculous, stopping life because of a “what if”.

17. Member
    High school tournaments are getting canceled too, well my son's tournament was. He texted me about an hour ago said the corona virus was the reason they canceled. I know it's not the same level as the big boys at BASS and the college level. Told him we will go fishing ourselves.
    1995 Skeeter 200ZX, 1998 Mercury 200 (OG724176)
    2015 Ram 3500 dually Cummins G56
    The Bible

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    This crap is getting ridiculous, stopping life because of a “what if”.
    I agree.

If we are shutting all these things down under the pretense that we might infect someone with the latest virus, shouldn't we shut things down permanently under the pretense of stopping the next virus?

Maybe we should let individuals make the choice to attend and participate, themselves?

19. Member
    College Big Bass Bash at Kentucky Lake has been postponed in typical ACA fashion. 2 days before the event starts, when most people are already there
    2013 Legend 211R
    2017 Ford F-150 Ecoboost

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    I agree.

If we are shutting all these things down under the pretense that we might infect someone with the latest virus, shouldn't we shut things down permanently under the pretense of stopping the next virus?

Maybe we should let individuals make the choice to attend and participate, themselves?
    no we can’t do that. It would make sense and make people take some accountability for themselves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast